Opinions on a Big O tire (A/T Sport Touring)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions on a Big O tire (A/T Sport Touring)

I have an '01, 2wd, SC, 5.4 L with the original Goodyear Wrangler A/P 's with 31 k miles and over 8/32" tread depth left . ( I usually drive the F150 very conservatively.) Recently, a rear tire was stabbed so I now will have to buy 2 new tires. Here in Albuquerque there is a national chain called Big O Tires. I was told that the tire I was interested in, a "house brand" model Big Foot A/T Sport Touring, was actually made by Kelly Tire Co. which was now owned by Goodyear. The price , "out the door" is $537 for 4 or half that for 2. The sub-title of this model reads: Ultimate All Season Performance. I do want a quite tire so I can occasionally monitor that 45 ish mph rear end whine that it's had since new. If I am happy with better ride and wet traction compared to the stone-age Goodyear A/P's, I'll buy the second pair. Has anyone got any opinions on this brand or model tire or any other input? Although it has an A/T in the designation, the pamphlet says it has an All Season tread with 4 full depth circumferential grooves. Btw, this truck is my only vehicle, and I have never off-roaded or towed with it. ///// Thanks to you all.

Quick Reply: Opinions on a Big O tire (A/T Sport Touring)