Pro-Comps

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro-Comps

Any of Ya'll running Pro-Comp ATs? I'm debating on whether I should get the Pro-Comps or BFG ATs. The Pro-Comps are cheaper if I get them Buy 3 get 1 Free from 4Wheel Parts, which is something kinda import to me, but I don't want to lose the performance of the BFG ATs I'm used to. I do a lot of on-road driving with my vehicle, but when I do go offroad, I push the limits of my truck.

Old 04-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Everything I've heard and seen about the procomps is they suck compared to the BFG. A guy I know in MN has them and he said they start feathering real easy and has to rotate them every 2k to stop it. I watched him wheel and they sucked in the mud, but were ok in the sand. He said they were awesome in the snow, but hated how they handled everything else, including pavement. IMO with something like this, you get what you pay for.

Old 04-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Anyone else? One more comment like that and I think my decision is made.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Pro-Comps are made by Cooper and are very good tires. You did not say if you were looking at the AT or MT but I would recommend either one. The BFG's are good a tire but over priced and over rated.

Last edited by rkjerue; 04-16-2003 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:51 AM
I've had my 35" ProComp All Terrain's now for about 5,000 miles and I absolutely love them. They were a hell of a lot less expensive than BFG's, look just as good, they're very quiet on the pavement, and so far they're barely wearing. I would definately purchase these tires again.

Old 04-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't know about the procomps but I have heard good things about them.

I do have 285 BFGko AT that I have put 28000mi on with plenty of tread left and I love them. They are quiet for a large tire, they wear even (when rotated) and have great all around traction (plenty of snow here in NH this year) and they just look good.

Old 04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
kev
Im now coming up to 30,000 miles on my Procomp MTs. I really like these tires. Much quieter than the BFG MTs and seem to be lasting about the same. Looks like I will get 40k+ out of these tires. THey are wearing nice and evenly with no problems and were by far the cheepest mud tire in my size. Never even seen the ATs in person so all I can say is that the Procomp MTs are great!

kev

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2003, 12:13 AM
I haven't owned the ProComps myself, so I can't really comment on them, but have heard both good and bad about them. ProComp owners seem to either love them or hate them. Not much in between. No explanation for such opposite opinions. i guess just different people. Go figure.
I considered the ProComps seriously because the price was cheap, but the A/T looked really wimpy compared to the BFG A/T, and I figured that you usually get what you pay for......so I went with the BFG A/T's.

Anyway, I do have the BFG's and this is my 4th set I have owned. All in succession. The BFG A/T is without a doubt the best tire I have ever owned on a truck. Dry, wet, mud, dirt, handling, wear, appearance, quality, whatever. The BFG was the best tire for me bar none. But that is my opinion.

The only shortcoming I have found in the BFG A/T is gumbo sticky mud. They tend to clog up and not clean out well in sticky mud. But, they are all-terrains, not Mud Merrains. (I have also had 1 set of BFG M/T's. and they do mud better than anything I have ever had )

I think either tire you choose will be good. The ProComp will be at a good price, and the BFG's will be great performers. Either way, it is probably going to be a winning situation! Hope you are satisfied with your choice!

Quick Reply: Pro-Comps