Aftermarket Rotors with Titanium pads???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Rotors with Titanium pads???

I heard that Titanium brake pads on stock rotors will warp the rotors real fast. However with aftermarket rotors they should be fine. Has anybody had experience with this setup??

Thanks for the help!

- Rick -

Old 03-04-2003, 02:13 PM
I would assume if you have a titanium based pad, you would need titanium based rotors. If not they would chew through any normal steel rotor. Just a fact of life. I remember my dad tell me on his 67 shelby mustang it would chew front rotors because of Metallic pads. (nascar pads at the time) I could only imagine what titanium would do to the rotors.

Brian

Old 03-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
my setup

I put on new bendix titanium pads (lifetime) and bendix rotors on the front and have had no trouble since, even the 40 mile an hour is almost gone.

Old 04-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Doubtful

I doubt you'll find they really have any ti in them. This material while very light weight for small race car rotors has a short working life and is not tollerant of heat as well as iron rotors are. The tend to reject heat rather than absorb it. The use of it in pad material has me baffled, but it makes for a great marketing angle- sounds zoomy. Like Turbo Rotors or whatever.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
re pads

I work in a plant and we make the titanium diboride that is used in the new style pads and let me tell you it is a long wearing material, we use it as media in our milling process and a 1/2" piece will outlast anything else we use. It it truly hard stuff and heavy.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Rotors with Titanium pads???