"Morning Sickness" finally got me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy "Morning Sickness" finally got me.

Title says it all, the last two mornings my brakes have locked when I reached the end of the driveway, and for a couple of times after that. This morning the front left actually locked up on me!! Can this problem be cured by using brake cleaner on the rotors, drums and calipers? It's been very wet and humid here the last three days, is this the cause?,,,,98

Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine are real touchy in damp weather too but only for the first two stops after sitting all night, then they are OK.

This is a common thing with factory equipped linings. Some have said that the material that is used for the linings absorbs a lot of moisture so they are real sensitive until the first few stops burns off the moisture.

Do you still have factory linings? Does it always happen in damp weather to the point where they lock up? If this happens to you in dryer weather you might be leaking brake fluid or lube from the differential onto your brake linings? If no leaks than maybe you can look around for linings that have a different composition?

Good luck, hope this helps some.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Yeah, dealer done brakes, so I guess they're factory?? These last two days was the first time it ever did it. Pretty embarrassing to be chirping in the driveway every morning, lol! Once I get a good brake from 25-30 mph it doesn't seem to do it again. I'll just hope it clears up with the weather?,,,,98

At least the pavement is wet so it's not too loud

Old 01-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is once your brakes warm up and dry off with a couple stops you dont have this problem then?

When I lived up in Seattle in all that rain if I drove a long way on the freeway before having to exit I would lightly tap the brakes a couple times to dry the shoes off before having to brake hard for a stop. You might try that sometime.

Quick Reply: "Morning Sickness" finally got me.