Raybestos QS Ceramic Pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2000, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Raybestos QS Ceramic Pads

Has anybody tried these new brake pads from Raybestos? They are advertised to greatly reduce brake dust, reduce brake squeal, and improve overall braking perfomance.

Anybody know a source to try?

//Johnny

------------------
99 XLT 4DR, Romeo 4.6L (2000-replaced), Auto, 3.55 LS, Silver Clearcoat Metallic, Capt Chairs, Westin Sidesteps, Ford Molded Mudflaps, E&G Billet Grille, TriGlas Cap, Perrycraft Racks, K&N Filter, Visteon CD-6, TS-A6815s

Future Mods - Granatelli MAS, Superchip, Hellwig AS Bar, Bilstein Shocks, Grille Guard, PIAA Driving Lights

Old 04-01-2000, 07:53 AM
I haven't tried the ceramic pads, but I did just take off my carbon metallic ones that I got tired of hearing. I went back to the ford brake pads and it sounds and feels much better. I would be hesitant to put on the ceramic pads simply because they're a harder material than carbon met. and probably have a higher chance of scarring your rotors. Oh, and if you haven't priced the rotor for an f150 4x4 they'll catch your attention at $220.00 apiece.

------------------
'97 Ford SC 4X4 XLT Off Road pkg., 4.6,A/OD, 3:55, premium sound w/CD chg, Black clct,towing pkg., hvy duty elec. pkg., Bridestone dueler AT's, line X, Flowmaster true duals, chip, K&N air filter, smittybilt stainless nerf bars

Old 04-14-2000, 04:49 PM
Johnnyquest,

I have installed the NAPA equivalent ceramice brake pads onto my my F250-LD and I have had no problems. I have not seen any brake dust anywhere and there is no squeal when I apply my brakes. As Nickster said the ceramic pads are harder than the standard brakes, however, rotor warpage is caused by excessive heat buildup and ceramics by nature dissapate heat very quickly. I am very pleased with my brakes as the stopping power has improved, no brake dust, no squeal, and I am not concerned about disc warping.

Old 05-13-2000, 11:30 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL READING JOHNNYQUEST BUT I PUT THE RAYBESTOS ON AND THEY ARE DIRTY AS H@*. I PLAN TO CHANGE THEM TO CERAMIC. MORE WORK AND MONEY BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN MY FRONT WHEELS EVERY OTHER DAY OR SO.

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Supercab Flairside. 4.6L with Jocobs DIS, K&N Generation II, Cat back Exhaust (nice rumble). 17" Off Road wheel pkg. Lots of body mods. 4 yrs old and still turns heads...

Old 06-09-2000, 07:34 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Thumbs up

If you need new front brake pads, try the NAPA Ceramix they are worth the time & money. They have very little dust & no brake noise at all. They are alot higher than OEM pads in price, but I think they are great!!! Plus cleaner front wheels. And more stopping power too. Lariat#1

------------------
1997 Red/Silver F150 Lariat Flareside 3 Dr. SC..... ORP & Tow Package, Complete Lariat Option Package ,{APPEARANCE} GTS Projector Beam /Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers,AVS Tail Lite Slots & Door Sill Protectors,Flareside tail lites wired to work upper&lower lenses together,Owens Fg. Step Boards, Tinted Windows,Ford 2-Piece Bra,Lighted Ford Logo in Grill,20" Chrome Exhaust Tips,A.R.E Bed Cover Lid,Pendaliner Inner Tail Gate Protector,Zie-Bart Total Paint & Under Coating W/ Sounder Deadener Protection, Lariat #1 Plate under glass on Front Bumper,Custom made Ford Red Window Decals,Blue Tinted Rear Lic. Plate Protector,Blue Billet Valve Stem Caps, Ford Chrome Hitch Receiver Cover, HD Bed Mat, Red reflectors above Rear Bumper {PERFORMANCE} 4.6L WINDSOR Auto, 3.55LS, 4-Wheel ABS,Platinum 3 Spark Plugs,K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock MAF side air box,Custom Cold Air Chamber (Dam) to keep hot air from K&N Air Filter,Outerwears Blue Pre-Filter Cover,Ram Air Tube to K&N Filter,Tornado Air Man.,Perma-Cool Oil Filter Relocation Kit,Dual Exhaust System W/Stock Muffler,NAPA Ceramix Carbon Ceramic Premuim Brake Pads(Front),Goodyear Wrangler A/TS Tires,55 Watt Halogen(replacement) Reverse Lites, Pilot 55 watt Halogen (add-on) Reverse Lites on Hitch under truck,Driving Lamps upgraded to 55 Watt Cool Blue Halogen Bulbs,Pilot Bright Whites headlite bulb replacements 65/55 watts,Driving Lamps(Foglites) work W/ High Beams On & Driving Lamps(Foglites) also work (ON or OFF) W/ Park Lamps On W/Switched Relay, A.R.E Cover wired W/interior(dome) light wired to a mounted door jam switch thats wired to hood light {AUDIO} Stock In-Dash Cass. W/6 Disc Changer & 2 Stock Speakers(back) & 2 Pioneer TS-A6865 3- Ways(front),Black felted inner front door speaker openings , all speakers dynomat lined,Trenz Billet #3 Antenna {SECURITY} Ford Total Security System W/ Motion Alarm All on factory Key Fob,Ford Warning Decals on Windows,A.R.E Cover & Hood also wired to Alarm System, Hitch Pin locking system This is LARIAT#1..... IN The Great State Of Indiana "Where more than corn grows in Indiana".........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html A Very Proud Member of ...www.f150online.com

[This message has been edited by LARIAT1 (edited 06-09-2000).]

Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Raybestos QS Ceramic Brake Pand

These are the best brake pads that I have ever used, bar none. Iinstalled a set on my 1987 Dodge Ramcharger six years ago and got over 80,000 miles out of them. They offer quiet braking, little fade,quick recovery and almost zero dust, the small amount of dust that they do generate is a greyish white and wipes off of chrome wheels with very little effort.
My wife delivers mail on a rural route and I maintain her car and have sampeled many brands and types of Brake pads and shoes, unfortunatley Raybestos does not currently offer thier "QS" pads for a lot of older applications, my wife's car included. (They are however adding new applications to their "QS" series of pads.)
While both Wagner, NAPA,and other supliers offer pads with a ceramic lining compound, in my usage of these other brands they produced much more brake dust (and darker) while other brakings effects were similar.
There are not many products that I reccommend but this is one that I do.
I hope that you get as good (or better) service as I have with the Raybestos QS Ceramic Brake Pads.

Quick Reply: Raybestos QS Ceramic Pads