West AZ, CA, HI, NV

So cal members

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So cal members

Who in southern california has experience or has anyone they would recommend to take a look at my truck. If youve seen my thread, you know whats going on. But I have a ticking noise that Ive been told by 2 mechanics thats a lifter. They said the plugs are good, manifolds are good with no cracks and bolts are good. But my gas mileage is in the dumps, and power doesnt seem to be all there. Im still convinced its a leak somewhere. The ticking gets louder when the engine is revved. I dont wanna pay 1k+ for the techs to start tearing apart the motor. So if anyone knows or has any experience in motors or anything that would help me out, it would be great. I will hook you up fat.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by migdaddy
Who in southern california has experience or has anyone they would recommend to take a look at my truck. If youve seen my thread, you know whats going on. But I have a ticking noise that Ive been told by 2 mechanics thats a lifter. They said the plugs are good, manifolds are good with no cracks and bolts are good. But my gas mileage is in the dumps, and power doesnt seem to be all there. Im still convinced its a leak somewhere. The ticking gets louder when the engine is revved. I dont wanna pay 1k+ for the techs to start tearing apart the motor. So if anyone knows or has any experience in motors or anything that would help me out, it would be great. I will hook you up fat.
Ed Little, Culver City, Ca
Southbay Ford (Hawthorne, Ca) also has a very good tech dept...15 Ford MSE's IIRR.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A year later hah. Did a full plug replacement cuz I ended up shooting a plug. Sold the truck a month ago. Thanks anyways.