Help! Changed wires, missing worse than before!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Changed wires, missing worse than before!

Okay, I changed my plug wires because they had visible burnt spots on them, but now my truck is missing worse than before! It feels like it is missing two cylinders now instead of one, I changed using Autolite Professional Series wires, and I have autolite platinum plugs, and I don't know what to check next, because maybe there is something that I am overlooking that is small. Thanks, y'all, I don't know what else to do other than start changing plugs, but I just did that less than a year ago, and I really am trying not to start with the plugs unless I have to. I still have the flashing check engine light from startup, and directly after I changed my wires, I unhooked my battery for about an hour to let my computer reset. Same problem. Thanks again, y'all for any help that you can give me.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:14 PM
just a suggestion but i just changed my wires last week, check to make sure they are pushed down all the way, making connection with the plug itself, on the back 4 plugs i had to use an extention from my socket set to push the plug boot on the plug. just a thought.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done my plugs and wires twice; of course, I didn't any of the problems you're having, but checking that the plug boots are indeed locked on the plug is probably the first thing I'd check.

Other possiblities: bad coil pack(s)?

Old 11-26-2002, 10:55 AM
It wouldn't hurt to use some dielectric grease on the end of each plug (not the spark end, the wire end, obviously).

Old 11-26-2002, 11:00 AM
are you ssure you didint put one of the wires in the wrong plug? might also be a bad coil pack. good luck!

Old 11-26-2002, 07:23 PM
I agree with Donate54, you swapped your wires somewhere.

Quick Reply: Help! Changed wires, missing worse than before!