Remote oil filter problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote oil filter problem?

I went to install my Perma Cool remote oil filter today and may have run into a problem. My truck is a 2002 F-150 5.4 and the filter that is on my truck has a bigger hole in it than the remote adapter does. I could go to the older style FL-1A filter (I think thats the number) it would fit , it is a longer filter than the stock one but I wonder will it hurt the flow of oil to the engine since I would be reducing the hole size? I'm also concerned because the newer filters have the silicone drain back valve and the other style doesn't.Has anyone run into this before and whats your thoughts on this? Many thanks!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Anyone?

Come on anyone?

Old 11-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Orlando,

Perma cool makes one specifically for our engines. You can find the adapter on truckperformance.com under Oil System-Bolt on Adapters and Service Parts. The generic one size fits all does not work with the 4.6 and 5.4's.

Hope this helps,

John

Old 11-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Anti Drain Back Valve

Orlando,

Also the ADBV has no purpose in a filter mounted vertically. It only prevents oil from flowing back into the block if it is mounted horizontally.

John

Old 11-04-2002, 04:21 PM
I really don't mind using the FL-1A filter if it won't hurt anything. Just didn't know how everone else was doing it.?Thanks

Old 11-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
It`s fine to use the FL-1A filter( but it don`t have anti- drain valve on or in it) on that remote kit.
I use a PureOne filter( has the anti- drain valve in it) on my truck or Ford`s racing filter. You use a half Qt. more oil which is fine also. I love it!!!!!! NO MORE MESS!!!!!!! Plus I have a drain valve on the pan too. No wrenches needed.
Lariat#1

Quick Reply: Remote oil filter problem?