Be Careful what you post/emails from ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 04:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Be Careful what you post/emails from ????

Be careful what you post and whose e-mails you answer. I have an ongoing case with Ford that is going to court this summer. They have disclosed information about monitoring this site and obtaining information regarding my case from posts and replys I have made. I also have been contacted by e-mail by psuedo names identifying themselves of unhappy ford owners requesting additional information from me. As i probed further into these 4 e-mails, they quickly disappered and my mail became undeliverable. (but only after I contacted them successfully and continued to contact them to get more information) Sounds x-file 'ish but its true. Be careful. It goes to show you just how far they will go.

Old 05-21-2001, 05:14 AM
Howdy!

Ooooh! Ford's a snitch?!? Woohooo! Awesome!

Hey Ford, fix my brakes dangit! When is my fan-cooled CD player replacement going to arrive?!

Did I mention Bankston Ford of Frisco sucks? Stripped oil plug? Do I have proof? You bet your life I do!

Have a snitching day.

Old 05-21-2001, 05:21 AM
Howdy!

Hey Lemonford,

Next time they request more info, send them some of those **** emails from Hotmail. That'll cool them down.. Hehehe.

Have a hot day.

Old 05-21-2001, 02:57 PM
Hey Lemonford

Good point, reminds us all that this is a public forum, anybody can post or read. SO!

If you dont want something known, DONT POST IT!

HEY FORD, if your reading this LISTEN UP, just saw in TL, your having BIG TIME recalls on alot of SUVs, light trucks etc. I think your quality control is in the toilet. Yes, this is my 3rd new Ford truck, but cant say there will be a fourth. Think about it.

Good luck to all. OT

Old 05-22-2001, 03:00 AM
I saw a similar post on another site. Seems a Dodge diesel owner had spent a great amount of time on a site talking about all his wild mods. When he had major problems he was denied warranty repair. They used the posts against his claim.

In a case like the above I can understand why they did it. It bites that they would "probe" someone who is having problems, yet ignore all the posts with wrong radiators, etc.

Old 05-22-2001, 06:38 AM
For all intents and purposes, we are anonymous here unless you give out personal identifying information. If you are careful, as I am, the only way they can identify you as the author of any messages is for them to subpoena Steve's records of our IP addresses and go to our ISPs and subpoena their records too.

I'm not surprised that they're reading these and other forums. I'm sure there's a red flag about this place because of a few major problems that were brought to light on this board.

Old 05-22-2001, 07:00 AM
Well, we can only hope that they(Ford Dealers) see all the fuss about these stupid problems we have with our trucks and recall them. Such as the drivers door, cracking, rusting, etc...
I called my dealer yesterday to see if they would do anything about my door crack and rust and "Mike" was very nice but there was still nothing he could do. My truck is near perfect except for a crack about the width of a finger nail and a large amount of rust under my drivers door. It really bothers me, I hate cancer on any part of my cars. Maybe one day they will stand up and listen to their customers.
I will probably end up having to replace the door. That just sucks!

Old 05-22-2001, 01:31 PM
Thumbs down

Okay - here's a message for FORD - stop WASTING TIME surfing this site & TRY building trucks w/o door cracks, piston slap, wrong radiators, leaking head gaskets - need I go on? If you spent 1/2 as much time building trucks the RIGHT way, you wouldn't need to resort to SNEAKY practices to find out what problems we're having! If you were HONORABLE & not DISHONEST when we bring problems to you then you would stand behind the products you sell at inflated prices! In short - try living up to the motto "QUALITY IS JOB 1" & stop this sneaking around!
Now, I don't have any problems YET other than door cracks but I feel awful for the guys here when they relate all their problems. I bought mine used but I'd feel ripped off if I had these problems - most of these guys bought their trucks new & paid a whole lot more than I did. I totally resent the fact that Ford is using our posts against us & has resorted to being a sneak to get the info they SHOULD HAVE HAD from the start! Personally, I would start a smear campaign against Ford BUT there's no need to - the sneaks are doing it themselves! GOOD! Now we know who we're dealing with!
I had to vent - I'm SO SICK of big business screwing the very people who MADE THEM so big! I sure hope Nassar sees this - maybe he too surfs this site instead of doing his JOB - making sure our trucks are built right from the start! You know Ford, you deeply disappoint me. Makes me wonder why I feel brand loyalty to such a SNEAKY company!

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

[This message has been edited by Cowlady (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 05-22-2001, 02:02 PM
Sorry, CL, but I don't agree with you 100% on this one.

Ford has every right to peruse the boards on the net in regards to their vehicles and if somebody does or says something that can be used against them by Ford, then it's their own fault for being identifiable and saying it in public.

As for building their trucks right the first time, I'd have to say that they build them right the first time better than GM and Daimler/Chrysler. Sure there are problems, but then there are problems with a lot of other things. Who can forget the doors popping off the DC-10 when they first started flying (and crashing).

Sure, I'm disappointed that there are problems with some of our trucks, but I'm also aware that nobody can build anything perfectly.

Statistically, the people having major problems with their trucks on this board are a very small percentage of the total. There are only two things that I can find that are statistically significant. The first is that most of us are getting poor gas mileage and the second is that most of us are satisfied with our trucks.

The bottom for me is I still think Ford builds the best full sized pickup truck and I don't see that changing in the near future. It ain't perfect, but what is?

Old 05-22-2001, 06:14 PM
Cool

I believe that Ford is producing procucts comparable to most others in the auto industry. Whether that is a good thing or not is up to you. As Dennis said there are problems with a lot of things. I believe this is because companys don't want to pay for quality control. It must be cutting to deeply into the profits. So as a result products are entering the market place with defects. Hidden defects. Once we have bought their product the defects become our problem. Yes there may be a little help, but a company isn't going to sacrifice profits to right a wrong after they have our money. I believe that we, the consumers will get the short end of the stick as long as companies get away with their tactics. We would have to stop buying, and I can't see that happening any time soon.
I haven't had any problems with my Ford truck, aside from the door crack. I have seen a lot of poorly made products, in my work especialy, all over the place.
I hope Ford can learn something about customer relations while checking out this site, and others like it. I hope they also realize that, though as individuals we may have no strength, when we gather on sites like this, we are far more likely to meet our objectives.
Thats my 2 cents.

Tom

------------------
'98 F150 XLT,short bed, STX appearance group, 4.6, 5-speed.
Current mods: K&N air filter, cat back exhaust (Flowmaster 40 w/dual rear side exit), Superchip.
Future mods: short throw shifter, K&N FIPK, lowered suspension, other things seen here!

[This message has been edited by wittom (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 05-22-2001, 09:56 PM
Cool

Funny this comes up. I posted something in General Discusion on this very thing, sort of.

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/002720.html

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

Old 05-23-2001, 09:00 AM
Howdy!

: Wonders why some people always post in bold :

Have a bold day.

Old 05-23-2001, 10:52 PM
It's not surprising Ford visits this and similar sites. Think about it they get the average persons opinion about their products. I would not be surprised if they take a trip through the other car manufacturers sites as well, to see what people like and dislike. Seems to be fairly inexpensive market research. The auto makers are ot the only ones who use these site to thier advantage. How many people would not know about the incorrect radiators, piston slap, door cracks or the myriad other problems, if not for this site. When we see there seems to be a trend with these problems we tend to fight harder to get the problems fixed.

------------------
1996 F-150 XL, 2WD short bed and cab, 4.9 I-6
Bed Liner
Tonneau Top
Bug Deflector
31/10.5R15 Generic
Pioneer AM/FM CD player
35% Tint

Old 05-25-2001, 04:55 AM
Talking

Hey FORD, if you're reading this, fix my stinkin` door cracks! I do understand why they monitor sites, it would be a good way to find out the problems that need to be addressed, but if you're gonna read about the problems, try fixing them! It's getting really tough to stand behind my truck when I'm talking to Chevy and Dodge guys, it's like I'm arguing a point that I know is wrong!

------------------
1997 F150 Lariat Three Door Extended Cab Flareside 4x4, Two tone Pacific Green w/ Harvest Gold, Tan Leather Interior, Ford Premium Sound w/ CD Changer, Lund Solar Visor, Leather Tonneau Bedcover, K&N Air Filter, VentVisors
Wish List: Lund Racer Back Cab Spolier, Lund Shadow Winshield Wiper Cover, Lund Steps, RhinoLiner Spray-In Bedliner, Vortech Super Charger, Brush Guard, Hidden Winch, Lighted Ford Logo, I'll list more when I think of it...

Old 05-25-2001, 07:09 PM
Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pickup Man:
Hey FORD, if you're reading this, fix my stinkin` door cracks! I do understand why they monitor sites, it would be a good way to find out the problems that need to be addressed, but if you're gonna read about the problems, try fixing them! It's getting really tough to stand behind my truck when I'm talking to Chevy and Dodge guys, it's like I'm arguing a point that I know is wrong!

</font>
The door cracks are something special. You can write off some of the other problems by saying that when you build a million trucks, there are bound to be problems here and there. But not the door cracks. If you're listening, Ford, put out a recall and soon. Otherwise, the owners you are stiffing on the door cracks because of expired warranties will file a class action lawsuit against you. When news of that gets out, watch your sales go to hell! Stand behind your product!

Quick Reply: Be Careful what you post/emails from ????