Purolator Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 10:42 PM
I95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Purolator Air Filters

A friend of mine told me that Motor Craft and Purolator Oil and Air Filters are one in the same. That they are all manufactured by Purolator..does anyone know if this is a FACT!.

Old 03-18-2001, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorcraft oil filters are indeed made by Purolator. The Motorcraft filter is essentially a Purolator Pure One Filter case with the normal media inside instead of the upgraded filtering material found in the Pure One. All in all a decent filter (as well as the manufacturer recommended filter). Me, I use a Pure One.

There is a link to a filter study somewhere on this board. Someone here should be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry I can't!

As for air filters, I have no idea. I just wish I could find anyone around here who does't just carry the Fram air filter! Good luck!

------------------
1997 F150 XLT, Flareside , Moonlight Blue, 4x2, SC, Auto, 4.6L, 3:08's, Cargo Cover by Century, Penda bed liner, Blue Oval reciever hitch plug, Driver Design bug deflector, Monroe Reflex Shocks, 235/70/16 Firestone Wilderness AT's, sliding rear window, captain's chairs, Valvoline Durablend Oil, Purolator Pure One Oil Filter, 280 lbs. of traction sand (ahh, winter in the great white north! ), and 119,000 miles and counting!

Quick Reply: Purolator Air Filters