FIPK's ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FIPK's ?

how are the mounting brackets on the K&N FIPK? are they strong for off roading?
is this true the new Airaid FIPK's tube are now some kind of plastic instead of a metal? both FIPK are for the 5.4L
thanks for ur replies.

Old 03-09-2001, 04:29 PM
Since I just installed my K&N FIPK Gen II, I have recent experience with K&N ONLY. The mounting bracket to the block is very sturdy. It then further attached to the new intake via clamp. I feel very comfortable with the setup even in the harshest of road (or non-road) environments.
I would bet my bottom dollar that my factory radio would fall out from the dash before the FIPK became loose.
As far as the intake itself, yes, the K&N is plastic. No worse (possibly better) than the factory unit it replaces.

------------------
...my first "big" truck
------------------
'99 Ford F-150 Lariat
4WD, 4DR - !!NO LONGER absolutely stock!!
* Superchips
* K&N FIPK GEN II
=================
'99 Chrysler 300M
* Borla Cat-Bak
* K&N Filtercharger
=================
www.atlantagamerz.com
www.f150online.com
www.300mclub.org

Old 03-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Cool

Now for the Airaid. I bought it off the onlines store here about 4 months ago. It has the metal tube instead of the plastic. Also the filter is a little narrower and longer than the K&N's one without the little chrome piece of the end too. But the mounting look more secure. Just my opinion.
jes

------------------
2000 f-150 red, XLT, 4x4, 5.4L, 3.55, sliding rear, 60/40, towing package??, ORP keyless entry.
Airaid FIPK, SI/DO Flowmaster 40's.

Old 03-10-2001, 12:23 AM
the airaid ones have a metal tube so it heats up faster.I myself have the k&n genII
kit i love it!!!I read somewhere in here that you don't want hot air in that tube!!!
K&N won't let you down!!!Easy install!!!

2000-xlt 4x4 extcab long bed 157 wheel base.
custom superchip
k&n genII kit
granatelli mass airflow 80mm
RAVIN CLASS 55 DUALS 3INCH-2-2.5 OUT THE REAR
LIKE THE LIGHTNING!!! SOUNDS NICE!!!YOU KNOW I'M COMING

Old 03-10-2001, 03:13 AM
I just installed K&N gen 2 fipk and a superchip 2 days ago. Lot better acceleration and power.

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4 ORP. Automatic, Reg. cab, 3.55LS, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start(installed myself), Modern 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, White faced gauges, electronic shift on the fly, Clarion ADX5655z Double Din Cassette & CD, 2 Pioneer TS-A6865 speakers and superchip. Going to add headers.

Old 03-10-2001, 08:44 AM
Thumbs up

Click on the link at the bottom of my sig. if you'd like to see some pics of the Ariad installed on a 5.4 in and Expy. Even a close up of the mounting bracket.

It's solid. As for the powder coated metal tube, it looks great. I've tested it for heat and it really doesn't get that warm, of course it's the coldest winter we've had in years so summer will tell.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Come share my Addiction<--

Quick Reply: FIPK's ?