Cost effective upgrading?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cost effective upgrading?

I'm needing a scheduled tune up on a 97 4.6L V-8 Lariat. I don't want to pay premium dealership cost to put stock parts in when I can get better parts on my own. The only problem is being in college the money isn't flowing that well. Any suggestions on what is the better route? Pay the dealership or do it on your own? Novice looking for advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Old 03-03-2001, 09:26 PM
Unless your time is worth $55 an hour or it is still under warranty you should do it on your own.

Old 03-03-2001, 11:11 PM
Thumbs up

DO IT YOURSELF!! I do everything I possibly can myself. Not only to save $$, but to assure it is done without ignorant mistakes. If you have the right tools...GO FOR IT!

Old 03-04-2001, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I goofed when writing the first post. I meant to ask which performance parts could be used without having to replace major engine components without stressing anyother components. From what I hear I suppose the first step in increase hp is by an air Intake either by AirRaid or K&N. Thanks though for the replies.

Old 03-06-2001, 09:04 PM
I have a the same year truck and engine, they wanted roughly $500, to do a full tune up. I got all the parts, and did it myself for less then $150. I am in college also, it may take some time but it is definitly worth it. And the best things u can do to increase horse power I believe is Airaid, true dual exhaust, and maybe a superchip. Well any ? about the job just ask.

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

[This message has been edited by Aggie04 (edited 03-06-2001).]

Quick Reply: Cost effective upgrading?