$ for mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile $ for mods

Would like to warn you this is not really a productive question, just a curiosity. I have been following these postings for a while and seeing all the modifications everyone is doing on engine, exhaust and more. My main question, how the hell do you afford to do all this stuff and make payments at the same time? I am in the computer industry and make decent money, but after paying the month's bills and truck payments I can't do the modifications I would like to. Are all of you independantly freaking wealthy, or do you just make a boatload of cash? If so, tell me what career your in so I can start going to night school for it

Old 02-23-2001, 08:56 AM
First thing that hits my eyes is, YOU LIVE IN BOSTON!!! No wonder you have no cash left over to play with! Let me take a shot in the dark here, probably married, stay at home wife, 2.3 children, mortgage up the Butt, credit card payments, college education savings accounts, 2 car payments- one for your SCrew, and one for Mom's mini van.
I could go on and on, Been there, Done that.

Here's how it's done! I've worked for the same company (AT&T) for 32 years. (My annual pay is 1 and 1/2 times what my truck stickered for, so I'm not wealthy by no means)
Got married at 20, right out of the Army, first Kid at 21, second at 24. Had the stay at home (LAZY ***, No initative) wife. She had the new car every three years, I drove the 2K used vehicle. Hung in there for 16 years, then she divorced me! BEST Thing that ever happened, moved from Indiana to Arizona, My son came with me. 4 years later I meet a working fool of a woman. Now the kids are grown, she has her new car, I have my new truck. The secret is, YOU'VE GOT TO PAY YOUR DUES!

[This message has been edited by XTRUKY (edited 02-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by XTRUKY (edited 02-24-2001).]

Old 02-23-2001, 09:09 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
drewdowell,

I souped up my 1st car when I was 18yrs old. I was single, in the Navy and had $$$ comeing out my a$$. Then I got married and the $$$ dried up. Now after 24 years of bliss the $$$ has returned. I own my own buisness and I write off my truck. Hang in there dude, your ship will come in. (pun)

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd 3.55LSD
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
BFG 285/75 R16 MTs,
Borla Cat Back, Headman Headers,
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube
and air box, Ported Throttle body,
Shortened MAF sensor tower,
K&N air filter,
Superchips

Old 02-23-2001, 09:50 AM
Like the other guys said "be patient". About 3-4 years ago it seemed like everybody around me was getting new vehicles and toys. I was frustrated wondering why I couldn't afford the same things. Now I have a beautful truck, motorcycle and camper...and I'm only 31. I've managed to get these things with a lot of hard work and a little luck. I happened upon a good company at the right time. I also have a great wife who likes her toys as much as I like mine and I don't have, or want, kids.

Hang in there,

Rip
2001 F350 XLT SC V10 Dually
2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
2000 Coachman 24' Travel Trailer
19?? Great Wife

Old 02-23-2001, 10:22 AM
Wink

All the lady readers, please do not read this.

Dad taught me long ago, women aren't worth it. When I was 14, he told me it's a hell of a lot cheaper to hire a prostitute for $50, 3 or 4 times a week, than to live with one. Not saying not to settle down with one, but find one who's parents own tourist camps in Northern Ontario and Costa Rica ). Anyways, if you have to hide the bills from your mods from your wifies, you don't belong driving a truck anyways, buy a Hundai. But hey, that's just my $.02, and I haven't met anyone who doesn't think I'm not a *****.

Mike

------------------
Stay Out Of My Taildust

2000 Black Harley Davidson F-150
5.4 Liter v-8
K&N Air filter
20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
275/45/20 Goodyear GSII's
Billet Front Grille
Front Valence W/ driving lights and Billet Insert
3.55 Rear End
Leather Interior
Heated Seats
Hidden Hitch
Orange Pinstriping
Front and Rear Light Blackouts
Lowered 1" Front & Rear
Block heater

Old 02-23-2001, 10:24 AM
Hey RipF350,

Where in Lowell do you live. I had an Uncle that lived there (recently passed on).

Old 02-23-2001, 10:29 AM
I live in the Pawtucketville section of the city. Between UMass-Lowell and Lowell General Hospital.

------------------
Rip
2001 F350 XLT SC Dually
V10 * 4X4
Westin Platinum Series Steps
Line-X Spray In Bedliner
Westin Platinum Series steps
Line-X Bedliner

Old 02-23-2001, 11:56 PM
Cool

BlownHarleyFord

Believe me your no *****, I have not seen any woman thats worth all the bulls**t they put you through. As for me im making this trip solo. I like spending my money on me and my truck. (and other bills).

Quick Reply: $ for mods