Who else makes Air Filters for

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who else makes Air Filters for

What other air filters are available for the stock air box for a 2001 F-150 5.4L? I know about all the OEM Paper, K&N or the oiled gauze. I would really like to find an Oiled Foam type filter like Amsoil, but they don't have one. Anyone else find anything? If so, please let me know. Don't care for the Oild gauze type filters.
Anyone?

Old 04-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Jet Performance Products makes an air filter that is very similar in construction and materials to the AMSOIL air filter called Powr-Flo Air Filter. I purchased one from Martel Bros Performance a few months ago. I am going to wash the original oil out of the filter and re-oil it with AMSOIL Foam Filter Oil. The AMSOIL filter oil is a lot tackier and will help clean better without impeding air flow.

Old 04-25-2002, 04:28 PM
How is the quality of the filter? Did you notice any performance increase or mileage increase? Any problems with the oil getting on the MAF?

Old 04-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Quality is on par with the AMSOIL product, excellent. I have not had time to reoil the filter and install it so I can't give you any performance or fuel mileage opinions. In my previous experience with AMSOIL air filters, there is no problem with oil and the MAF.

Quick Reply: Who else makes Air Filters for