I want more air

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want more air

Other than supercharging my engine, how do I allow the most amount of air possible in for combusting. I know that getting the air and fuel to mix at optimum levels will produce the most efficient burn, I just need to know how to get there. Also, is it possible to overkill the induction N/A and then have to increase fuel pressure to compensate?
I have to stick with the N/A route as this is a work truck and I want to save the big bucks for other toys. Thank you F150online members for creating another hp addict!

Old 04-25-2002, 04:01 AM
I think the computer automatically changes the fuel rate, I am not sure, though. I think and FIPK, maybe some sort of ram-air system will help you get more air. Maybe someone else can tell you more than I can. Anyone?

Old 04-25-2002, 03:47 PM
One of the easiest free HP and free air mods is to widen the diameter of the air opening in the fenderwall. (dynoed 5hp increase)Also, since you're not supercharged, leave your air filter element exposed and not in the box. I recommmend a K & N air filter but I see your using it already.

Last edited by BTBFord; 04-25-2002 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:04 PM
How about some type of home-made cold air induction kit? Is it possible to plumb one in and make it practical? I was also thinking about a larger throttle body and polishing the elbow to match. Neal.... where are you?
BTB Ford, do you have pics of the air opening mod? I'd like to get an idea of what was changed. Maybe my Superduty is different.
Thank you

Quick Reply: I want more air