me and my classmate just got jacked...!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me and my classmate just got jacked...!!

man...i drove to school on tues morning, went to class, then after school i went to put my books up before leaving for a track meet, and i had found that my truck had been broken into! they had put a screwdriver or something under my door handle and popped it off... they stole my pioneer cd-player, BEL 950 radar/laser detector, cell phone, cds, checkbook, ...everything..!!! they also got some other guy's truck too that same day... they got his cd-player, 90 cds!, speakers, subs, amp, cd-changer...alot!!! we're gonna find out who it was, and when we do....it's not gonna be pretty!
later
JP

Old 04-10-2002, 10:21 PM
sucks man

that sucks man. i just got a pioneer cd player. but i take the face off every time i leave. actually...just most of the time. i hope it does not get jacked on the few occations that i don't. anyways...that sucks, i feel for ya.

Old 04-10-2002, 10:30 PM
i take the face off of mine also, every time i step out of the truck (mainly because my truck is easier to break into and i odnt have an alarm or anything). sucks to hear about your truck dude, hope you catch the punks

Old 04-10-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm gonna have a b-ball bat in my truck when i get my lis in 3 weeks, if i ever even see someone trying to get in my truck, they'll have it up their A$$!Sorry to hear about it

Old 04-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Thumbs down I'm sorry to hear about that. Same thing happened to one of our trucks.

That's what they do.....Bend the metal around the door handle and pull up on the lock with a pair of pliers.

A few years ago I'd seen an alarm for a motorcycle that would shock anyone that touched it. It wouldn't be too complicated in theory. I wish I had schematics so I could set this up without actually killing anyone. Just enough to confuse or temporarily paralyze a theif long enough for me to get over there and damage him a bit.

I sure wish someone would do this to my truck. I've got a nasty door crack and this would solve my little problem.

Old 04-11-2002, 05:02 AM
I hope you catch whoever did that. It would be great to have a security system that shocked someone! Not enough to kill them, like you said, just long enough to get to them.
Good luck in finding them!

Old 04-11-2002, 08:57 AM
make sure you leave a good scar on the face, so every time they look in the mirror, they will remeber how and why they got the scar!

Old 04-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Same thing with my 2001 EB. They must have gotten cold feet cause I found the problem when washing last week. How do you pop the thing back into place? It only sticks out about an eighth of an inch on the bottom quarter of teh door handle. Bastages.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your truck. Im with you though, if i ever caught the dood that did it or saw them doing it, there own mother wouldnt recognize them. I have a short fuse and a mean temper, and you might as well have at it, cause the cops and 'justice' system isnt going to do a damn thing if you dont. But you better damn well make it look like self defense.

Old 04-11-2002, 06:39 PM
"rent-a-cop"!

thanx for the tips guys...that's the big problem, that if they ever find out who did it, they won't do a damn thing! i'll just have to take matters into my own hands...the guard at our school rides one of those Mules or Gators around the parking lot and is "supposed" to be looking out for a$$holes like that...i think that the school is trying to get him fired b/c this is the 3rd time it has happened this year, and that guy hasn't done a single thing to prevent it from happening again...he's a cheap "rent-a-cop" if u ask me!
later
JP

Old 04-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did they steal your engine? Thought that maybe that was the case since you posted this in the engine forum.

Old 04-11-2002, 10:44 PM
well i know how you feel. this is a little off topic, but a co-worker had a dog that turned over his trash can every night. he finally had enough so he got an extension cord and cut one end off and conected it to the metal trash can to give the dog a zap. well it turned out to be more than a zap the dog messed with the wrong trash can that night. i guess what im trying to say is that if there was just way to put that juice on the door handle

Old 04-12-2002, 12:47 AM
A good alarm is a prevention. They'll break into the vehicle beside yours that doesn't have an alarm.

I do feel for you though. Sucks to get robbed.

Never leave anything lying around in your truck and always take your faceplate.

Another good prevention measure is one of those ear piercing mini sirens from radio shack. I have one in the interior in addition to the one under the hood. It's is pretty shrill sounding.

Third tip is to have a separate hood lock. Usually they work in pairs, one breaks in and hits the hood latch while the other opens the hood and clips off your battery cable. Some people even have the alarm installed on a separate battery to prevent this. Just use a hood lock. I don't have mine installed yet but have the alarm setup of course. On my old Ranger I simply bolted a foot long chain to the striker latch in the hood so when it closes the chain dangled in front of the radiator where there was a hole in a support member for a Master lock.

Another solution is to run solenoid powered deadbolts in the doors - a bit of a custom install but no matter what they do to your door/windows they won't be able to open the door. It's harder to steal your stuff when they have to crawl through broken out window openings.

Get a pager alarm. If you're within a mile or two gather your buddies and baseball bats. Surprise'em. Silent alarm.

Someone once suggested using a powerful solenoid motor and a single straight barbed hook underneath both front seat cushions, triggered by alarm and motion sensor. Something that will punch up their *** and hold'em there till you arrive.

Razor blades work well for underdash mounted cb's and what not. Cuts'em up real bad especially if they try to steal your stuff at night.

I don't know if there is any protection you can add to the exterior door latch but for avoiding tow truck drivers and slim jims try installing a steel or aluminum plate over the door latch mechanism in the door.

Usually you have been watching arriving with your stereo pumping. Use common sense... always turn it down a few blocks minimum before your arrival.

Always spend money on an alarm before stereo equipment.

Rent-a-cops can be worse than no cops - they tell their buddies which vehicles have the good stuff inside and conveniently not patrol at that time.

Use different fasteners on your equipment. Chances are a thief doesn't have 12 different screwdrivers in his back pocket. Use torx, robertson, philips, and more - if you have 6 or 8 different screws holding your subwoofer into it's box it will be harder to steal, bolt down your sub box from the inside - have a bolt and huge washer and bolt it to the body of your vehicle, then mount the sub in the box so you can't see the big bolt... most people put cheap L brackets to hold boxes down - too visible... and many don't bolt them down at all. Here in B.C. the insurance company won't reimburse you if you can't show a hole or bolt that wasn't factory to hold the equipment down.

The only thing you can use for electric shock in a vehicle is some sort of static generator. These things use power and you may need some solar cells on the roof to keep your battery alive.

If the ground is moist or wet one of those "ground type static" straps off the back touching the ground and a dc-ac converter then voltage multiplier circuit connected to the door handles. For dc or ac current you need to complete the path so the water functions as a conductor on the ground. If they have well insulated shoes it won't work. You can also use an ozone transformer or neon light transformer... if you put even a mediocre voltage and a bit of current (low power ac) into it it will still generate a few thousand volts capable of breaking the insulation of shoes.

There are a lot of options. One just has to think like a car thief to put the barriers in place. Window tint helps too - keeps the glass together for less mess and can even make it tough to punch the glass in. Try a radar type motion sensor to watch the bed of your truck. Quite a few have the rear window busted in and stuff stolen through the window without opening the doors and tripping cheap alarms.

Watch out for lawsuits from thiefs you've caved the skulls in. Better to FORD them (found on road dead). Best to beat the hell out of them... dump them on someone else's yard and get a friend to call the cops that there's a transient sleeping on the yard.

Good luck.

Last edited by p_ferlow; 04-12-2002 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That just plain sucks I hope they catch who ever done it and put them away for a long long long time.

Quick Reply: me and my classmate just got jacked...!!