how often in adding Techroline

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how often in adding Techroline

How often can I add Chevron's Techroline to a full tank of gas? I picked up a few bottles at Walmart. I do not want to burn up anything with to much of a good thing. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:31 PM
The bottle that I added yesterday suggested using the product every 3,000 miles.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:56 PM
...what is this stuff, what does it do, is it good???? I think that is about all the questions I can come up with.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:59 PM
I believe that it is actually called Techron. It is supposed to get rid of build up on valves, clean fuel injectors, ect.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:50 PM
TiiiiimmmmmberGhost.........

Right On Timber ghost. I got my sweathirt hooded jacket from the Big (C) in Sidney, NB. Happy hunting

TIIMMMMMMMMMMBERghost

Old 03-21-2002, 10:57 PM
I've used Techron...

...sporadically to clean out my 4.6, 'cause they're famous for carbon deposits. There is also a high-detergent version of Mobil-1 which I tend to use then, as well, for the same reasons.

Hope this helps-

Old 03-22-2002, 12:16 AM
oh ok, I just got my engine motorvaced, it is like night and day.

Old 03-22-2002, 07:40 AM
What is

engine motorvaced ???

Dan

Old 03-22-2002, 11:12 AM
I use Amsoil Performance Improver, (PI)

This is a concentrated product that you use every tank or every other tank. Only have to put 1 oz. per 10 gallons.

This makes it much less expensive than useing the techron stuff.

Ideal for both fuel injected and carbureted systems. Dissolves and removes fuel system deposits and other contaminants for improved power and overall performance in gasoline engines. Reduces PCV and EGR system deposits. Reduces exhaust emissions (tests show up to 90 percent reduction). Improves engine idle, response and starting.

An initial clean-up dose of six ounces for ten gallons of gasoline restores up to 95 percent of an injector's original fuel flow. Periodic maintenance doses of one ounce for ten gallons of gasoline keep injectors and other fuel system components clean

Performance Features
Cleans fuel injectors, intake valves and carburetors
Dissolves carbon and varnish deposits
Contains properties to control rust and friction
Reduces exhaust emissions
Increases fuel economy

Old 03-22-2002, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: how often in adding Techroline

Originally posted by Bassdog
How often can I add Chevron's Techroline to a full tank of gas? I picked up a few bottles at Walmart. I do not want to burn up anything with to much of a good thing. Thanks.
I don't believe you're supposed to use a full tank of gas... If I remember correctly I believe you're not supposed to add more than 10-12 gallons of gas.

Old 03-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Lightbulb

I use what msparks uses. Great stuff and goes a long way.

Old 03-22-2002, 08:32 PM
motorvac is a machine that you hook to your fuel lines, it pulses the fuel through the fuel rail to clean the baskets of the injectors and run that through a filter. Then you run the engine with a solvent sort of stuff through it that will "melt" the carbon in your engine. It was like night and day in my truck. kinda spendy, if I remember correctly over $100.

Old 03-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... I prefer REDLINE products :

http://www.redlineoil.com/images/cfsc_sm.jpg

RED LINE Complete Fuel System Cleaner (CFSC) contains the most powerful high- temperature detergent available to clean gasoline fuel injectors, carburetors, and intake valves. CFSC can clean injectors to nearly 100% efficiency with one application and CFSC will typically provide a 90-99% reduction in intake valve deposits compared to detergent unleaded gasoline, improving performance and fuel economy considerably. Clean air regulations and the change from leaded fuel to unleaded has left refiners short of adequate octane capacity, which forces them to use cracking and oxygenates such as alcohols and MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether) to supplement octane. This has created a tremendous problem of coking of fuel injector tips and intake valve deposits which can cause problems within 1000 miles of driving. Alcohol-containing fuels have been demonstrated to cause between 3 to 5 times more deposits on valves than fuels without such oxygenates. Modern electronic engine technology has enabled auto manufactures to provide performance while meeting emissions requirements by using computers which keep the engine operating at the lean limit of combustion. Unfortunately, fast burn/lean burn engines are much less tolerant of deposits than were older engines which operated at richer mixtures. Intake valve or fuel injector deposits can alter the air/fuel mixture in individual cylinders, causing a lean misfire. Since the electronic sensors sense an average signal in the exhaust, this causes a further leaning to the point of significant hesitation and stumbling, especially while accelerating. Many refiners are not willing treat all their fuel with high temperature detergents to clean dirty injectors, but instead use larger doses of less costly carburetor detergents, which can partially clean simple cases, but the poor stability of these detergents cause another, equally serious problem - they break down and form deposits on valves, causing a restriction of intake air and poor driveability. Many other fuel additives try to achieve cleanup using solvents which can clean in a very concentrated form, but provide very little effectiveness when diluted in a fuel tank. Solvents have the potential drawback of causing swelling and degradation of seals and hoses in the fuel system. Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner uses surface active chemistry which cleans effectively and safely.

* Cleans injectors and carburetors to like-new efficiency
* Prevents fuel system rust
* Cleans intake valve deposits
* Lubricates upper cylinder and valves
* Reduces pre-ignition and run-on
* Cleans emission control systems
* Stabilizes gasoline and prevents carburetor icing
* Safe for all gasoline vehicles

CLEANS INJECTORS AND CARBURETORS
Powerful thermally-stable detergents contained in Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner are capable of cleaning fuel injectors and carburetors to nearly 100% efficiency. Red Line's detergents are so concentrated that this degree of cleanliness can be achieved with one treatment. Figure 1 shows the cleaning ability of CFSC's high temperature detergents. Injector plugging problems can be manifest as sluggishness, hesitation, poor idling, and poor fuel economy. Use Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner instead of taking the car in for a shop injector cleanup. CFSC is just as effective as pressurized solvent treatments at a fraction of the cost and trouble. Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner is also very effective at cleaning carburetor deposits which can cause poor performance and run-on.

IMPROVES PERFORMANCE AND FUEL ECONOMY
Fouled injector tips can provide poor fuel spray patterns, causing incomplete combustion which results in poor performance and fuel economy. Modern microprocessor-controlled feedback systems compound the problem by sensing an average rich condition, leaning out all cylinders to the point of lean misfire. Figure 2 shows how cleaning the fuel injectors in a 3.8L V-6 with Red Line CFSC restored fuel economy - an increase of 19%. Regular use of CFSC will keep optimum fuel economy and performance. Figure 2 shows how rapidly deposits can form and how Red Line CFSC effectively cleans up deposits on fuel injectors, restoring performance, fuel economy, and emissions compliance.

Figure 3 shows the significant effect fuel injector deposits have on acceleration. Unequal plugging is indicated by the upper line of each set and the lower line indicates the effects if injectors are equally plugged. In a GM 3.8L V-6, 0 to 45 MPH acceleration times can increase by as much as 21% and fuel economy can be reduced as much as 20% when injectors become unequally plugged. Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner rapidly cleans these plugged injectors to like-new condition, restoring the power of the engine and eliminating hesitation and stumbling. CFSC works equally well on the deposits created in higher temperature turbocharged engines.

ENTIRE INTAKE SYSTEM CLEANLINESS
Unstable hydrocarbon mixtures present in today's fuels along with detergent additives added to gasoline by many refiners in order to claim the ability to clean fuel injectors has created an entirely new problem - intake system deposits. These fuel components and additives decompose readily at the higher temperatures of the intake valves. This results in sticky deposits which restrict the intake air and cause fuel to condense on their surface, making the mixture too lean to provide proper acceleration. Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner not only prevents these deposits, but the synthetic oils and detergents can actually wash these deposits away. Figure 4 shows a set of valves which have used low levels of CFSC (15 oz/100 gal) on a regular basis compared to a set of valves from an engine operated on detergent unleaded. Figure 5 shows how intake deposits can significantly reduce power and performance in modern engines.

Old 03-22-2002, 09:36 PM
The chevron I buy at the pump has techron in it. Is this the same stuff?

Old 03-22-2002, 10:40 PM
wow, neal has done his homework. That or he has the bottle in front of him (cheating). Or he sells the stuff.

Quick Reply: how often in adding Techroline