New Engine????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Engine????

Has anyone here ever hyad a new engine installed by Ford? Any info will be appreciated. Also, is there anything in particular i should watch out for with a new Engine?

Old 10-09-2000, 01:52 PM
Ford replaced my '99 5.4 Slapper w/ a non-slapping (so far) '00 5.4.

Watch out that your windshield washer fluid pump is hooked back up. (only thing I had to go back for)

------------------
  • 1999 Super Cab XLT
  • 2000 Windsor 5.4 ( slapper replaced)
  • 3.55 Ratio L/S
  • White/ Grey interior
    MODS
  • Pioneer DEH P6000 HU
  • Blaupunkt VC-54 component speakers (front)
  • Infinity Refrence 5712cd 2-way Speakers (rear)
  • Pioneer CDX P1250 12 disc changer
  • Intake Silencer Removed
  • LoJack Anti-Theft System
  • Bug Deflector
  • Aluminum Tool Box
  • 2 Bull Ring Retractable Tie Down's
  • Bed Mat
  • Class III Receiver Hitch
  • CCA Redfish Decal
  • TTMB Sheepshead Decal
badangler@2coolfishing.com

Old 10-09-2000, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I had a 00 4.0 SOHC replaced in my '98 Explorer... the only complaints I had were:
1) They didn't tighten the trans cooler lines at the cooler... leaked like crazy!
2) Apparentyl they replaced just the short block... I began leaking engine oil as well as coolant from the water pump/front engine gasket
3) about a month later, the wire came off the oil pressure sending unit... had it towed in, and it came off again the next day...
4) I discovered a HUGE dent in the oil filter 3000 miles later from the installation, apparently.

Poor craftsmanship, needless to say...

-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)
Deposit on '00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Sunroof, currently missing the fuel filler door, but they're working on that..

Old 10-10-2000, 12:25 AM
I have had a new engine installed by Ford, and I have to say that the new engine is a lot stronger than my old one. No problems yet with it..knock on wood.
The only thing that I can say to watch out for is scratches in the paint after they install the new engine....I had some new ones in my truck after the install, but they all buffed out with a little elbow grease.

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 Offroad, SuperCab, Prairie Harvest Gold, 5.4L Triton w/ K&N Air Filter, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Lund Headlight Covers, Lund Screenfront Grill Insert, Vent Visors, Smittybilt Outland Sport Bumper Gaurd w/ Hella 500 & 550 Driving lights, Access Roll-up Cover, Bedliner, Ford Reciever Hitch Cover, Taillight Covers, Bridgestone Dueler AT's

Future Mods: (No more, because of case pending with Ford for a buy back..
Link to Pictures:
zing.com

Old 10-14-2000, 08:19 PM
RWL
i just got mine back lastnight, they put in a new 5.4 as my old one (10,000kms) was knocking. The new one has more power and runs smoother than the last one did. I noticed it as soon as I pulled out of the dealership. I still haven't laid into it but there is alot more there with less pedal.......build date is may 13 2000.
2000 xlt 4x4 off road
5.4 reg cab/flareside

Old 10-14-2000, 09:26 PM
Angry

I've had my new engine (5.4 l) in since Monday, I just discovered that they left off the transmission inspection cover. I've been diving it for 6 days without the cover, is this bad? Does this mean that contamination of the tranmission fluid has occurred? If that's happened, what are the chances that damage to the transmission has occurred?

Old 10-14-2000, 09:47 PM
You should be fine. Avoid gravel roads till the cover gets put back on, to avoid gravel riccocheting (sp?) between Torque Converter and Bellhousing. The input seal on the trans probably doesn't want to see a lifetime of grit, either. But for a little bit should be fine.
To answer your other question, there is no direct route to ATF there, so no contamination.

Quick Reply: New Engine????