Oil Additive

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oil Additive

Has anyone heard of a product called Z-Max? It's three different Oil, Transmission and Fuel additives, suppose to work like Slick50, only way better. If you have, give me your opinion.

Old 08-31-2000, 04:52 PM
Smile

you know.. ive watched every single car infomercial there is from duralube AURAy car wax to duralube to prolong to motor up
and a new favorite THE AUTOLOCK that bull@#$ break pedal lock... i hafto say really these commercials are hard truly hard no to believe they just do an awesome job to @#$ wiht your mind to believe it... but in the end they are all complete BULL***** bottom line..... if the stuff was that good why wouldnt every dealer racing guy blah blah use the crap
just my 2 cents not that they are worth much!

------------------
F150 97 4.6 v8 longbed
K&N Air filter
Hyper White xenon bulbs
Bedliner and Shell
6 disc cd changer

Old 09-01-2000, 12:08 AM
Thumbs down

Do the research. Most engine additives using a teflon or zinc (which all do) base do not do anything but collect in your oil filter or at best stick to static parts preventing flow. Poke around the web. You will stick with good oil, hopefully synthetic, after the research. Some of these products actually harm the engine and most void the warranty. A good place to start is a search of Nevada Desert Research Center tests I do not know the exact site will post when I find it again.

Happy surfing.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 "Mighty Whitey" Lariat "Loaded". Oxford White (No Stickers, Yuck!)
-Ultra Polish Alum. Wheels(type 160)
-BFG 285 R16 ATs
-Billet Grill
-Stainless Werks Nerf Bars
-KC Driving Lights (in Grill)
-WMS Volocity Tube
-K&N Filter
-Husky Mats, front & rear
-Husky Mud Flaps
-GPS (on board)
-Wired for phone (no accidents!)
-SnugTop, SnugLid Tonneau
-Killer Tint
-FlowMaster 40, 3" catback w/ 4" Tip
-AmsOil 5w40 & Filter

To Come:
-Superchips, flip chip
-Rancho RS 9000's & kit
-Painted bug def (white)
-Brake Dust Cvrs (painted white)

Old 09-01-2000, 12:17 AM
First I must agree with moose that most all thoes addtives are bull. There are a few that work, just not like the miracle fix that infomercials claim. The condtions I found them to work in is if you have a raged out veichle that the matinence has been neglected and has suffred at least a 50% power loss in the engine. The addtives will probably restore about 5-10% power at best and will clean up your emissions for a "very" short time. The way I know is I used the duralube in a friends 82 F150 he still didn't pass emissions but they went down a little after we changed his oil. Go figure. But If you change your oil on a regular basis, take care of your truck, and don't rag it out you will probably never need to use it. Although that is just my opinion, may not be yours.

Old 09-01-2000, 07:04 AM
BTW: CHLORINE is another popular additive in these gimicks!

------------------
Rand

98 Ford Expedition 4X4 XLT
5.4, 3.73s, 17" wheels,
Homemade 3" "COLD" Air-Box
mod, SuperChip, Amsoil
everywhere but tranny, Perma-
Cool combo 6 pass trans/oil
cooler (FQR 5.4 @ 50K)

Old 09-01-2000, 07:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slick 50 use to have the claim "good for 50,000 miles" on their bottles until the Federal government ordered them to take it off...due to unsubstantiated claims.

I agree...stick to regular oil and filter changes...MOST of these additives do not work and in some cases will cause other problems.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, LEV, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter, Build date 7/00

Old 09-01-2000, 10:02 AM
For the price of most of these additives now, you can just switch to synthetic. Synthetics are far superior to conventional oils and "infomercial" hype. Poke around on the Amsoil website. There is a lot of good information on there about their products and benefits.
http://www.amsoil.com

On another note, the only additive that I have used with success in my mxbikes is called ER. Works pretty well! With the 4 strokes, you can tell it frees up the friction on the top end. http://www.energyrelease.com

But since I have been using synthetics, I dont use any additives.

Old 09-01-2000, 03:55 PM
I use one I found on the webb called DynoSurge it works I get 17.5 hy 15 city 10 towing 5000 pound 26 foot trailer 98 F150 5.4 130,000 miles I have piston slap frist start up every day I use mobil one 5/30 and dynosurge every oil change and use no oil between change every 10,000 miles and Napa gold filter k&n air filter truck runs strong and looks good http://www.dynosurge.com

Old 09-03-2000, 03:42 PM
Thumbs up

Matt is right on the money, Amsoil has what you need. Plus it you save money by useing Amsoil. The cost is high but if you look over the cost of buying your oil and change it, you would save $70 a year and that is not encluded the labor of you changeing it. You change Amsoil every 25,000 mile or 1 year witch ever comes first. The filter after 6 months than the whole thing after 1 year of 25,000 miles witch ever comes first. I know what you are think ever 25,000 miles or 1 year, "no way", but it is true. Click on on the Amsoil at the bottom of my info and go check it out your self. Plue you can request a catalog or some lit, of I can send you some. Good Luck

------------------
Ruger's F-150
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

E-MAIL ME:
pureamsoil@bigfoot.com

Amsoil

Old 09-04-2000, 12:11 AM
Banned
Oil and gas additives are crap. If they are so good why arent they in the oil in the first place? Shoot why not just give the additive some viscosity and put it in instead of the oil? The only thing it will do is flush all the crap, if there is any, into your oil filter. Then when the filter gets full of crap (by the way the commercials look you will get about a gallon of invincible crap out of your system) it will most likely just bypass the filter and go straight to where the oil goes.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Clearcoat Red
4x2
4x4 wheels
Stepside, K&N, bedliner
32inch tires,flowmaster
tint, matching ford sticker
5spd fully loaded, hidden hitch
Comming soon:
spark plugs/wires,leveling kit,toolbox,
bed rails,push bar, CB with whiplash,
clear corner lenses,brush guard, blackouts,
edlebrock shocks, hypertech, K&N induction system,KC highlighters,
bed xtender, BOSE audio or infinity gold, disc changer,
side steps, dixie horn, white faaced gauges, and those small fender flares some 4x4's have,
matching boddy color of course, and some of those door guards,ventshade visors, power pulleys, that is all
i can think of right now

Quick Reply: Oil Additive