Another radiator question! :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another radiator question! :)

Hi Everyone!

Having just bought my 01 F150 with the towing package, I was interested in the radiator issue. I pulled my cowl off, and I have what appear to be three radiators!

There are two about the same size (1") about 1' - 1 1/2" apart. Then, there is a small third one (about 1/4 the size of the other two) down in front on the driver's side. My questions are: Are the two big ones the 2-core 1.02? And, is the tranny cooler the small one in the front? If so, is it the right size?

I know this has been rehashed probably a hundred times, but Iwould like to know how this thing is really equipped. Thanks.

BTW, it's an ORP with towing, 5.4L, and an auto. Thanks again.

Old 01-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you have the 1.02" rad. Of the 2 one inch rads the back one close to the fan is the rad. The one in front is for the Air conditioner. If you had a bigger rad it would be the one at the back. Are you sure you don't have 2 small ones up front. There should be one for the transmission cooler and one for the power steering. The power steering is about 1/2 the size of the tranny cooler.

Old 01-06-2002, 04:53 PM
bcbickers-

Open your hood and look where your two large radiator hoses go; this is your only engine cooling radiator. If you look on the driver's side upper area, there is a small gap that you can view your radiator thickness just under the plastic upper cover. You can easily see if it's approximately 1", 2", or whatever the thickness is on the aluminum section that goes across. As CSC has described the more forward large coil is AC. In front of both down lower is: driver's side PS cooler, passenger's side AT cooler.

Quick Reply: Another radiator question! :)