ADDITIVES ANYONE????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2000, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ADDITIVES ANYONE????

What additives have you used and why?

I have used them all and after much research and use I only recommend a Few:

1)Justice Brothers: seen the demo up close myself... Very convincing.... Good for posi rears too!

2) Tribotech: Pat Goss recommends this, I currently use this in my Expidition and notice MUCH easier cranking in the morning!

3)ALL B&G products: Especially there engine de-carbonizing treatment - WOW!

What do you think?

Motor Up on TV looks pretty cool, any different? Any comments?

------------------
Rand

Old 01-11-2000, 09:31 PM
Red face

Rand,

Many of us shy away from additives as they will void your warranty. If your motor blows up, they may test your oil and you may find yourself up a creek

------------------
BLK 2000 F150 XLT 4X4 SuperCab SB, Shift-on-the-fly, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55 LS, 4-Wheel disc/ABS, ORP, Keyless, PWR Seat, Slider, Soft tonneau, Cab steps.
MODS: Rhino, Molded flaps

Old 01-11-2000, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

No additives at all for my truck or car...they are not needed with the quality of oil produced today.

XLTJake is 100% correct.

---------------------------------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

Old 01-11-2000, 10:15 PM
no crankcase additives for me,although BGs decarbon kit works good.

Old 01-11-2000, 10:18 PM
A good oil has all the additives that are needed.

------------------
Danny
'98 F-150 Std., RC, SB, 4x2, 4.2L, 5-sp, 3.08, AC, speed control, rear slider.
Mods: Mobil 1 engine oil, Red Line MTL trans fluid, Edelbrock IAS shocks,
50 Series Flowmaster, K&N with airbox mod, electric radiator fan, Superchip

Old 01-12-2000, 05:33 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

I would not/do not use any additives in my fluids. If you use a Good quality oil, you don't need it. As a matter of fact, I went to get some Amsoil 5w-30 ($5 qt.) from my mgr. friend of a parts store & I ended up getting the Amsoil "Series 2000" 0w-30 instead. It normally sells for $8.50 per quart, but I got it for $7.00.... Not as good a savings as I could have gotten on the 5w-30, but a better oil.
I'll reply on the "Amsoil" thread on how I like it later after it's in.

I also use Amsoil Series 2000 75w-90 in the differential & still add the "Friction Modifier". Amsoil ATF in the tranny & getting ready to do the "Total Tranny Drain & Fill" with it.

As for Techron vs. BG that y'all mentioned above,... A mechanic friend of mine just gave me the whole kit. Aerosol spray T.B. Cleaner, Fuel Inj. Cleaner & the Engine Deposit treatment too. I think chevron makes the best "easy to buy" fuel inj. cleaner, but I think that the BG ranks way above it. My friends who work in the shops & "DON'T SELL IT" all say that it's the "BEST" brand out there ! (BG that is)

------------------
Sean in Texas
https://www.f150online.com/features/index.html
http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/7936

97 White/Tan Lariat - Leather, Power Everything, Tan Leather Floor Console, 2 Chamber Flowmaster Cat Back Duals w/Chrome Exits, AirAid Intake, "SuperChip" brand Chip, All Synth. Fluids, Custom Painted TB Cover, Blue Wire Loomed Engine, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, 17x9.5 Centerline Scorpions, w/275/60/17 Dunlop Sport Rover GTX Tires, Cool Collar, Polished Billet Grille & Bumper Insert, Chrome Diff. Cover, Pendaliner SR, Clear Corner Lenses, Superwhites Headlights, Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, Kenwood Excelon Speakers, Polk Audio db Series 10" Sub, Kenwood 818 Sub. Amp, LMI Rear Seat Kit, Color Matched "Tan" (Eddie Bauer/Expedition) rear bumper, Ford Hitch Cover/Lock, Door Sill Protectors, "ARE - Hard Tonneau Cover", "PowerAid" 1-10-00 ...I know there is more but can't think of it now... OH yeah.. & a Fully Loaded "Viper" Alarm to guard it ALL !
Next to Be Added,.."Indiglo White Faced Guages", AirDam w/Lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers & a Wood Dash Kit!
Then I'm "DONE" !!!

Old 01-12-2000, 05:51 PM
I use Slick 50 Synthetic out of desperation to quell the piston slap on my out-of-warranty 5.4. This is after the use of Mobil One didn't do the trick. There has been some improvement on cold morning start-ups.

If I didn't have the piston slap, I would only use Mobil One - no additives.

------------------

97 F150 Lariat 4X4 Ext. Cab. 5.4, AT, Tow Pkg, bedliner, white/grey 2tone w/ grey leather, Fact. CD changer, Gibson Side Swept, K&N, Bosch Platinum +4's,Michelin LTX 265/70 16, Both doors cracked, Piston slap quieted by Mobile One & Slick 50 Synthetic.

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2000, 06:39 PM
I have not tried the techron... I do the B&G $90 treatment every 30K on ALL my vehicles... Amazing how much crap comes out of the exhaust during the 20 minute treatment!

------------------
Rand

Old 01-12-2000, 07:52 PM
Question

what is this b&g treatment you guys are talking about???????

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside 150XLT ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,3.55LS,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE),ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"
STEREO:eclipse head unit ,boston seperates ,orion amp, pioneer amp,2-orion 12's,custom box by me!,sony adjustable crossover,1 farad cap&way to many cd's

Old 01-12-2000, 08:51 PM
I personally use this in all of my coal burning vehicles that I have. It seems to do the trick!
http://www.oil-tech.com/aftrmrkt.htm

If you want some of it let me know I will scrape it out of my drain hole and send it to you. though you will have to pay shipping. Also there is no warranty if you are not happy.

------------------
Lube-Direct

Old 01-13-2000, 12:09 AM
Rand,

Im curious...is the B&G treatment the same as the Techron treatment? Have you tried both and found B&G better?

------------------
The Truck: 1997 Black F-150 Flareside. Regular Cab ORP and Towing Package
The Mods: K&N Filter, Eurolid Hard Tonneau, Profile Windstream Side Deflectors and Ford Bug Deflector.
The Site:
Triton's 4.6 Liter Web Page
www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index.html

Old 01-13-2000, 09:54 AM
Cool

I found a good write up on the additive situation.

This explains a lot about oil warranty's and such.

Please Read:
http://bibbs.com/amsoilman/oiladd.html

------------------
Lube-Direct

Old 01-13-2000, 01:04 PM
B&G stands for Bearing & Gear.... Do a search on the Internet. You can only get this stuff through a B&G dealer.

------------------
Rand

Old 01-13-2000, 01:20 PM
BTW:

After reading the URL by MSPARKS I am convinced that using additives is probably not a good idea! I think I will stick to 100% Amsoil or Redline when my new 5.4 FQR Engine is installed!!!!!!!!

------------------
Rand

Old 01-13-2000, 01:45 PM
nlp
What is this B&G treatment?
Where is a website, where I can find more info?
Where do you guys buy this stuff?
Don't be so secretive...

Quick Reply: ADDITIVES ANYONE????