wrong radiator

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong radiator

anybody have any current news on the problem with the wrong radiators in 2000/2001 F150s?
Is Ford changing them to the proper one?

Old 12-02-2001, 07:43 PM
Letter from ford

Ford sent me a letter with a $100. check in it. They explained how they messed up and didn't put the right radiator on when I ordered the towing package. There was also an option to void the check and either get $500 towards a new truck, or send the form in and they will order your new radiator and install it. I took the check becuase they explained how the new radiator dosn't increase how much you can tow. Plus I don't tow anything that heavy to need such a heavy duty radiator. If you were given the wrong radiator you should receive a letter in the mail. You could even go to the deal and see what they say if you don't receive the letter.

Old 12-03-2001, 09:58 PM
I have it on very good and trusted authority that Ford is accurate with their claim that the standard radiator is sufficient.

Despite knowing this, I did pursue obtaining the 2.2" for my own vehicle -- something like the Dolly Pardon "if big is good, bigger must be better" scenario.

Now -- if I could only get comfortable not worrying about #3 spark plugs blowing out, or pistons getting slap-happy.

Ford -- try to get the simple things right for a change!!!

Quick Reply: wrong radiator