1992 F150 5Ltre EFI intermittent electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2000, 06:52 PM
Kym
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1992 F150 5Ltre EFI intermittent electrical problem

I have recently had an intermittent electrical problem develop in my engine electrics. A 1992 F150 302W EFI. All engine electrics drop out momentarily, if you are stopped at the lights or intersection the engine stops and must be restarted, if you are driving, the engine will fire again after the brief interlude. I have not been able to get the problem resolved and talking to others this is a problem some have encountered without resolve other than to sell there F150. Has anyone else struck this problem and resolved it before I embark on what is bound to be a costly exercise. So far I have silicon greased every electrical connector, replaced the main control relay, replaced the fuel pump relay, run the self diagnostic check - all clear and checked the entire harness for signs of wear or entrapment.

Old 04-22-2000, 07:45 PM
I think what your telling us is you have hesitation and stalling? This is a VERY common ordeal with our era of trucks. The first think I would look at is the plug wires and cap/rotor and then of course the plugs. Then, I would get the thottle body and fuel injecters pressure cleaned. you can do it yourself, but having it professionally done is better. Then check the TPS sensor, Thottle Position Sensor. I had this problem on my 1993 F-150, replaced the TPS and the injectors, and it ran like new again .

Old 04-22-2000, 09:22 PM
Kym
Thanks for the suggestions. I have replaced the Leads, new plugs, new dist cap, injectors prof cleaned. I will try the TPS. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 1992 F150 5Ltre EFI intermittent electrical problem