f-150 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2000, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post f-150 questions

I was just wondering how the acceleration ans speed is on an f-150 with either the super crew or the super cab, with the 5.4 liter engine.And also why did you buy your truck.

Old 03-26-2000, 10:38 PM
With the 5.4L, you loose traction on the rear wheels before you run out of power.. Also, as the 5.4L has more torque than average, and the torque max is at a lower RPM than Fords competitors. This adds to the 'sinking back in your seat' feeling even more.

Take one for a testdrive. Also, when testdriving trucks, be sure to compare with equivalent rear end ratios, cause this also affects the acceleration capability.

I wanted a slightly larger truck (and better looking exterior in my opinion), so I opted for the F250 Superduty SC with the 5.4L and 5sp.
My truck is not a 'quick' as an F150 with a 5.4L, but it's no slouch either.. (The F250 weighs 1000 lbs more than the F150).

You asked why did I buy my truck:
- I bought a Ford because: nothing else compared as well in the area of: initial quality, longevity (based on previous fords I've own/owned), capability, looks, and the feel of it, (driveability).
- I bought a truck because: to haul my motorcycle to/from the tracks, looking at TT campers now, I never have to borrow a friends truck.

------------------
Y2K F250 XLT SC 4x2 5.4L 5sp 4.10LS

Old 03-26-2000, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I have the Regular cab and it's the fastest vehicle I've owned
It hauls azz plain and simple.

------------------
Truck Pictures

99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox, Ford Running Boards, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Kicker ZR360 for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
regcab54@sc.rr.com

Old 03-26-2000, 10:59 PM
Talking

Greetings and welcome aboard!!

Make sure you test drive all the trucks you are considering. I'm sure you will agree with us that the F-150, despite it's few problems, is the best choice. I tested out the new full size Silverado/Sierra's before purchasing my third Ford, and can tell you that the Ford is superior in every way except for the back seat setup in the SuperCab. The Chevy's/GMC's have it all over the F-150's. But now Ford has a SuperCrew to offer those that will actually put people back there for any extended period of time. GM's Vortec engine line up is strong, but I think that they are VERY liberal with their power ratings. Driving their largest engine equipped truck was not merely as enjoyable as the smooth Triton 5.4. Much more torque, and it comes along alot sooner than in the Vortec's. The F-150 has a MUCH MORE refined feel about, from the SOHC engine, to the interior fit and finish (GM never ceases to amaze me at the ridiculous interiors they put in all their vehices, cheap and boxy looking if you ask me.) Anyways, I didnt even look at Dodge's Ram, so I cannot give you any comparison there.

Good Luck!!!!

Steve

------------------
2000 4X4 Lariat SuperCab
5.4 Triton
Two-tone black on silver
All options except LS differential

MODS so far:

-Westin step bars (powder coated matte black)
-Lund bug shield
-Gentex electrochromatic rear view mirror
-Cabin filtration kit
-Superchip
-Stull Billet Grill
-Flowmaster Force II catback (series 50 SUV with duals out the rear)
-Line-X bedliner

MODS to come:

-K&N or AirAid FIPK kit
-Mickey Thompson Challenger 16" wheels with 295/75 BFG AT KO's
-4.10 gears (still thinking about this one ...anyone have any input?)
-LS diff or locker of some sort once they are available..
-A.R.E. LSII or Ford HarleyDavidson tonneau cover

1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco
1988 Mustang GT

Quick Reply: f-150 questions