Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2000, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extended Warranties

I have 35k miles on my 99 f-150 4.6, 4x2. I can purchase the ford extended warranty for $1100. This is good for 60k. I don't feel it's worth it. What's the expected life of the 4.6? What about the transmission? The truck runs great. After my second speeding ticket, I now get almost 21 mpg!

Old 03-22-2000, 01:33 AM
For $1100 you could pay for most repairs except a fully blown tranny.... More than likely you'll be fine past 60K. You could also look into aftermarket warrantys for a lot less.

Old 03-22-2000, 08:01 PM
Cool

I have the Ford esp on my truck. I figure, I don't want to make payments on a truck that's sitting in my driveway with a broken whatever. It was like an insurance policy. Besides, if you have a problem, just take it to a Ford dealer and have it fixed no problems, no questions asked. And it goes on the vehicles history, so they'll know at the dealership when they put your truck into the computer. They don't have to worry about contacting a warranty company, and getting AUTHORIZATION to repair your truck. Yes, authorization.....Then, they only approve so much, and will only pay for so much, even if you REALLY should have something else repaired. Imho, they are cheap b'tards. From my experience, it's a lot less hassle, and you wind up with a better repair by going with Ford over an outside company. Ford is there to fix your car, the "other guy" is there to make money.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 03-22-2000, 08:50 PM
Banned
See the ESP topic in the "Buyers Tips" forum. That's all I'll say in regards to an ESP at this time.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranties