Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2000, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Warranty

I have a 4.2 and the warranty will be off in the next two weeks and what can I do to get the truck checked out with out paying a lot of money? A person said to go to the ford dealer and tell them that there are things wrong with the truck like the moter is reving high and the ball joints sound loose and other suff. So make it so you feed them a lot of bull. so thay will check all the stuff under warranty. But I want a beter way to find out what is wrong. So if any one knows a beter way please let me know.

99XL, 4.2L, long box, flow master muffler,JVC deck, and one hard working truck.

Old 03-18-2000, 02:57 PM
Well, you could take it in for a 36,000 mile check up. Let the Service advisor, and the mechanic (if possible) know that the warranty is about up and to really give it a good going over. Though they may not make as much on warranty work as other work, this is a chance for them to really build a ticket. I assume most work on a commission.
This method would really be helpful if you have been a long standing customer and have established a good relationship at the dealer's service department. My dad was service manager for various GM dealers for years. This is his recommendation. I am not suggesting that they replace things that do not need it, just look REAL close for things that should be replaced now or in the near future.

Old 03-18-2000, 02:59 PM
BTW, KKDOERR, have you taken care of the obvious things we have wrong with our trucks?
The roof cracks, door cracks, and the re-routing of the exhaust to a position behind the right rear tire? (and this includes replacement of any wheels and center hub caps that are pitted and tarnished from the exhaust.)

Old 03-19-2000, 12:52 AM
Don't know I can recommend a wholesale problem list. A friend of mine tried this before his warranty ran out and for every item he gave the dealer that the delaer couldn't bill Ford for (they didn't find that problem) they charged him a diagnostic charge. He was very hacked about his bill.

Old 03-19-2000, 05:14 PM
Jcotner says:
Don't know I can recommend a wholesale problem list. A friend of mine tried this before his warranty ran out and for every item he gave the dealer that the delaer couldn't bill Ford for (they didn't find that problem) they charged him a diagnostic charge. He was very hacked about his bill.

Had not thought of that, but at least he now knows that all those things are in good shape, and the other things WERE taken care of in warranty.

------------------
1997 F150 XLT-STX, Reg. Cab,Oxford White, 4.2L, Auto, 3:55, Prestige Alarm System, MPC Wrap Bugshield, Spare tire Shield,
-It's a beautiful Thing!-
Also: 1996 Probe
1998 Mustang
1999 Taurus

Quick Reply: Warranty