NEED HELP PLEAS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2000, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEED HELP PLEAS

I have a 1993 Ford F-150XLT 5.0ltr. And I am tring to figure out a way to make a Cold Air Intake for my truck, I have a K&N Cone filter that a friend of mine gave me And the hole in the filter is about 3in Di. The only problem is that it has the twin Throtle Body, so if anyone has any tips please write back.

Old 02-25-2000, 08:05 PM
Since your first one was free, maybe you can get anotherone I bet it would look cool with 2 K&Ns. But I don't remember what the pipes look like but what about the part that brings the two pipes together near the engine... would it be possible to get another piece like this and use it (modified) to attach the filter to it. Anyway these are just little ideas of mine. I'm not sure if it helps because I really don't remember what it looks like. Only that I'm sure someone eles (with better experience) will help guide you through this.

Good luck, steve

------------------
1997 4x4 XLT 4.2l ORP 5-speed
For more details and pics please see my site...Thanks
www.eph1fifty.cjb.net

Old 02-25-2000, 09:52 PM
CMorris737- My girlfriend's 94 has 5.0 lt with dual throttle body. It has two round pipes that connect to a single hose, then the maf which has a square flange connected to the filter box with flat square k&n filter, then on the bottom of the filter box another 3 inch hose leading back up to the grill area [Above the radiator below the hood line} with a cold air duct. { ram air type }, It's factory and is a very good set up. Your's Should be the same>> If so why change it. Just shell out the few bucks for the right filter. If yours is different then hers then checkout this set up first. You may be able to find one in a salvage yard....other than that stay tuned someone will come up with a way to help you out...Capt.

------------------
Capt. America..,
1998 F-150 XLTSC...2WD.. . 4.10LS rear...auto E40D... 5.4L...Flairside... Ground effects... Billet Pedals... Billet Grill... Billet Brake lite... Oval Mirror... Bed rails... Bug Deflector... Wood Grain Kit...Fog lites... TPS...Velocity tube... K&N... ss Ford tag.,.Tinted Windows... overhead/floor consoles... Mood lights...Blue bulbs... Alarm...Radar...Dashmat... Fire/Ice rear window tint ...conspicuity reflectors... cd changer...mobil 1... Painted rear Drums... Helwing Sway Bar... Dual Exhaust... Halogen Back-up bulbs... clear corner lens...
Tail lens covers... Leather...Floor Mats... Seat covers...Tow Pkge...
Side window Louvers... Painted Brake calipers... Custom Captian America Paint Job...TRIPLE LED brake lights...Rain guards... Painted throttle body cover...sliding rear window...Superchip...Custom Gas cap holder...2" leveling shackels...Fox tail key chain...Clear turn signal bulbs..

Old 02-25-2000, 10:58 PM
Try finding a intake hose from a 94 or newer 300,302,351, or even a 460. These were equipped with MA, and ours are not. But it really doesn't matter, our trucks can't use the sensor anyhow.

It is a direct bolt on. Yea, the dual hoses are really stupid, but easily interchangable. The only other problem is, about the crankcase breather filter. The line from the bottom of the OEM filterbox to the oil filler neck. I am not sure about what they are like on 94 and newer, but they are of vital importance to the engines operation. It allows the pressure to escape. you might just cut it off, and buy a tiny filter and add it to the top.

[This message has been edited by Pastmaster (edited 02-25-2000).]

Quick Reply: NEED HELP PLEAS