Can Somebody help me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can Somebody help me?

I was having some trouble with my 4.6 a couple of days ago and called a mechanic friend of mine to see if he could give me some possible answers. When I described the problem to him, he said it sounded like a MAP sensor or a sensor of some sort. I went to a local AutoZone and asked them for a new MAP sensor and brought it home to see if it would fix the problem. When I got home and started looking for the part to replace I couldn't find what even closely resembled the thing they sold me. So I came to this site and looked for some info. After reading several posts regarding the IAC valve, I took my trusty hammer with me and a couple of taps later my truck was running fine. So I took back the part that AutoJoke had previously sold me and asked for a new IAC valve. The guy behind the counter informed me that my truck doesn't require an IAC valve. I told him to check both motors (280 & 281) and it didn't show the part for either. So now comes the part where I need some help. Does my truck (97 f-150 4.6L ) have an IAC valve and does it have a MAP sensor? I assume that the question about the IAC I have already answered, because I was able to get the truck running and my Chilton's manual shows where to locate the part. But I can find nothing about the MAP sensor in the manual or on this website. Thanks for any help I could get. And thanks for posting the info regarding the IAC.

Old 10-08-2001, 11:31 AM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Get a Hanes manual, it shows & tells all you need. The IAC vavle I think without looking is on top , under the black cover on the intake, where it has on it 4.6L or 5.4L . MAF of MAP is in the intake tube. In front of the air filter box. I hope this helps!!!!!!
Lariat#1