5.4 3v fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 3v fuel issue

I've got a 07 f250 with the infamous 5.4 3v 217k my issue is running at idle or on a flat surface with little acceleration it runs good with 40 psi of fuel put it under a load or climb a hill after it warms up and it drops depending on throttle position at wot it drops to 3-5 psi and misses new parts include plugs, coils, injectors, fps, fpdm, fuel filter now I'm out of ideas I even pulled the cats with no change now if I throw it in neutral shut it off wait a second and restart it'll run good again for a few minutes I'm assuming something's getting hot and pulling my fuel pressure but what could it be is my question

Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
If you didn't use a Motorcraft FPDM, it could be defective. I'd also suspect the fuel pump itself. There's a sock type filter on the pickup in the tank that could be getting clogged.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was actually thinking that next pull the pump check the filter i guess it could be pulling debris and dropping pressure then when you cycle the key off and the pump stops running it drops whatever it's picking up

Quick Reply: 5.4 3v fuel issue