05 f150 throwing p0132 code

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 05 f150 throwing p0132 code

ran obd-ii code scanner and code p0132 keeps popping up. changed bank 1 sensor 1, cleared code, ran for a while thehn code popped back up. took the sensor out replaced it with another one and still same issue. took truck to the exhaust shop and had them replace passenger side cat because it was stopped up. replaced maf sensor and truck ran like brand new. code was cleared for about 30 minutes. started the truck up this morning and code has popped back up again. searched through a bunch of forums saying chase the wires there might be a short in the circuit. was wondering how to chase from the ecm back to the sensor.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
All you need is a DMM set on continuity and find the pin out of the ECM harness (or pin out of a module it might plug into, before going to the ECM) then check for continuity while moving the wires around.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:16 AM
didnt have a multimeter, and my continuity tester wasn't working last night, so I decided to just swap the o2 sensor from bank 2 sensor 1 to bank 1 sensor 1 since I knew it was functioning correctly and ran it last night for about thirty minutes. I could tell it felt like I didnt have as much power after the longer I drove it so I know it will eventually throw a code. I don't personally own an obd-ii scanner so I will have to take it by auto zone tonight to see if the code stayed on bank 1 sensor 1 or if it jumped to bank 2 sensor 1 side. I'm very curious to see what it does and will post the info for you here this evening.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:46 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 AM
so I swapped the o2 sensors from bank 1 to bank 2 and bank 2 to bank 1 because I was sure that bank 2 o2 sensor worked and the p0132 came back up. that lets me know the issue is an electrical issue and not a sensor issue. I purchased a multimeter yesterday but the question I have as far as chasing the short is what and where do I need to start. I am going to put the multimeter on the wires that come into the connector and try and use some contact cleaner to clean the pins and hopefully that will clear up the issue. but if not, what would be the next option?

Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Pulled the o2 female plug up to the top to put the mulyi meter to and still can’t figure out the issue any advice?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM
ok so I pulled the female connector to bank 1 sensor 1 to the top, cleaned it with some contact cleaner, then proceeded with the voltage test. put one multimeter lead to connector 29 and the other to the signal in pin on the male connector and it had continuity, so that told me there was no short. I sprayed a little contact cleaner into the plug that connects to the computer and code went away. no cel, ran the scanner on it again and a residual po2195 code popped up but again there is no cel light, so I'm thinking when I took the air filter off and let it run to see if the rpms would drop might have kicked the code over, but once I put the filter back in the code never reoccurred. I'm still having idle issues but not much. will give an update in the next few days as to my progress.

Quick Reply: 05 f150 throwing p0132 code