94 F150, poor to no throttle responce/acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 94 F150, poor to no throttle responce/acceleration.

So I have a 94 f150 4x4, it has the 5.0 v8 with the e40d auto tranny. Whats happening is during certain times ill press the pedal to accelerate and ill get very little to no acceleration and it'll "surge" and make a poping/tin can gringing sound when the pedal is pushed down trying to accelerate. If i hold the pedal to the floor it'll eventually slowly start speeding up till it eventually "clicks on" and lunges forward and speeds up quickly then everything will be fine again. Some times it happens in seaquence other times it'll only happen everyonce in a while. Other problems i have are bat guage reads zero but i believe its just a dead guage, oil guage reads zero but ran fine like that till recently. 4x4 lights are stuck on but I'm not sure if it's in 4x4 or not, if i hit the push button 4x4 i hear a click but nothing engages or disengages. Also a exuast strap broke so it's currently hanging a bit low. Hope I've provided enough information, and thank you in advance for your helo and support.

Update: I forgot to mention that recently i noticed if i turn on the heat or ac the truck idles rough shortly squeaks and dies.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Clean the battery cables at both ends for a start. And make sure the engine grounds are clean and making good contact.