F150 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F150 won't start

I have a '93 F150 which I just tried to start this AM. It started fine, but then died about 5 seconds later. Now I can't restart it - it just spins and never fires. I noticed that I can no longer here the fuel pump do it's spin up I used to hear. I did check fuses and relays and everything looks good. I tried to hit the reset for the fuel pump - but it wasn't disengaged. I went up to my local PEP boys and they said fuel pumps - since I have 2 tanks. I can't believe both pumps went bad. I switched to the AUX tank - I still don't here the fuel pump spin up?

Is there a master fuel pump that isn't in the tank? Anyone else seen this problem???

HELP!

Old 09-23-2001, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I THINK there's a third fuel pump between the tanks and the engine. First off, check to make sure you have power going to that fuel pump. If there is power, then you know you probably have a bad pump.

If I recall correctly, the third pump is the high pressure pump. The ones in the tanks are low pressure pumps designed to just lift the fuel to the third.

Quick Reply: F150 won't start