Cam Sensor Codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam Sensor Codes

I joined because I wanted to share my story as many posts here helped me solve my problem. 2006 F150 Lariat with Triton engine. 2 weeks after getting a tune up and having the coil boots replaced my check engine light came on and it started running rough and stalling and going into low oil pressure warnings. I cleared the codes and took it to the place that did the tune up and they ran their advance scans and said it could be many things but wasn't something they could deal with. I took it to my local repair shop who does excellent work and they found it to be a quart low on oil, topped it off and cleared the codes but after 3 test drives the codes came back. They advised me that it could be many causes but the costs of diagnosing and fixing might be as much as putting an engine in it. Said they would start with the phasers. After reading posts here I felt like it had to be related to something electrical after the tune up. Today I drove it until it started coding and stalling again. Cleared codes and drove straight to Advance Auto Parts and had battery and alternator tested. They said alternator wasn't charging completely but to go home and check the connections before replacing. While I was inspecting the alternator found the cord from the battery was loose and laying on the serpentine belt and was stripped down to the wires. I taped it up and reseated it on the alternator with the fastener that was still attached and the problem is now fixed. So thank you so much to this forum and those who contribute to it for saving me thousands of dollars and hours of headaches.