Oil filter relocation kits

Old 02-27-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil filter relocation kits

let me start by saying hello to everyone This is my first post ever. I've been impressed with the Ford communication network and wanted to join the family.

I bought a 97 f 150 4.6 at a great price because it needed a motor. Body is prestine. As I was putting the new motor in I discovered the oil filter was positioned in a different spot!! I can sit the motor down all the way because of this. Can u change the location of the filter? It seems like everything else is the same I did have to change the 8 flywheel to a six.

Please help!

Old 02-27-2017, 08:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by frustrated f150
let me start by saying hello to everyone This is my first post ever. I've been impressed with the Ford communication network and wanted to join the family.

I bought a 97 f 150 4.6 at a great price because it needed a motor. Body is prestine. As I was putting the new motor in I discovered the oil filter was positioned in a different spot!! I can sit the motor down all the way because of this. Can u change the location of the filter? It seems like everything else is the same I did have to change the 8 flywheel to a six.

Please help!
yes there are a couple OEM options for oil filter locations. You should be able to remove your original oil filter mount and install it on the transplant engine. You'll need to get new gasket or o-rings or seal kit to seal everything back up.

There are several after market oil filter relocations kits available as well. I got a cheaper one and it kept working loose and leaking and ended up removing it because of it. The "kits" are readily available on Jeggs or Summit and the like. Make sure that you get plenty of hose and quality fittings if you go this route.

Installing it will be a fair bit easier with engine out, but not impossible with it in.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saved by Grace, Thank you.

I was worried about this and your response has provided new hope. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Frustrated no more!!!

Search this Thread