filter adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filter adapter question

So i now have oil dripping down my oil filter and im thinking its the adapter gasket and was reading up about how coolant dumps when you change it. So am I going to have to remove the lower rad hose to do it or does the coolant just dump when i remove the adapter? And how much coolant am I expecting to dump out?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should be able to drain most of the cooling system from the valve on the left or right side of your radiator before you pull the lower radiator hose. That's a pretty low point on the system so you will loose most of your coolant. If I remember correctly my 05 held like 5 gallons. I'm not sure about an 01 cooling system.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Electron-Jack
You should be able to drain most of the cooling system from the valve on the left or right side of your radiator before you pull the lower radiator hose. That's a pretty low point on the system so you will loose most of your coolant. If I remember correctly my 05 held like 5 gallons. I'm not sure about an 01 cooling system.
So you have to pull the lower rad hose? If so then yea, ill drain the rad from the valve down below...

Quick Reply: filter adapter question