New Engine Priming

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
Code, mine is a throttle cable motor and it will not start with the pedal floored. But I don't know if that is because the injuctors are disabled or the spark is shut off. I think the PCM does shut off the injectors.
See Jgger, I learned something new today. I had a '99 and an '02, but didn't know about the "throttle shut off" when I had them. Only learned about it since I've had the '04. I learned a LONG time ago that it's cooler 4 miles from the ocean in FV than in Corona! Was 60 when I had breakfast on the patio this morning. Just hav'in a little fun!

Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
See Jgger, I learned something new today. I had a '99 and an '02, but didn't know about the "throttle shut off" when I had them. Only learned about it since I've had the '04. I learned a LONG time ago that it's cooler 4 miles from the ocean in FV than in Corona! Was 60 when I had breakfast on the patio this morning. Just hav'in a little fun!
Yea, I guess old dogs can learn new tricks!

I know what you mean about the temp too, I work in Newport Beach, Was 81 on the frwy at 6a.m. a couple of days ago and about 72 when I got to work about 1 1/2 hours later. Problem is I can't afford the stuff I build for people.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
Code, mine is a throttle cable motor and it will not start with the pedal floored. But I don't know if that is because the injuctors are disabled or the spark is shut off. I think the PCM does shut off the injectors.
Virtually ALL fuel injected engines turn off the fuel if the accelerator pedal is held to the floor, until the engine reaches 500 rpm. This feature is built in to allow for starting flooded engines and was implemented long before drive by wire was thing.

Quick Reply: New Engine Priming