I see a hole and I found a screw . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see a hole and I found a screw . . .

So I climbed under my truck to check my header bolts and found a screw sitting in the part of the frame that holds the driver side motor mount. Then I see a hole who's threads look clean, as if they'd recently had a screw in them. I did not do the last oil change and have never touched the bolt or the hole. Question is, what the hell is the hole and is the screw I found supposed to be in there, or somewhere else?
*2006 2wd 5.4 screw

It's the driver side of the motor, in front of (closer to the headlights) than the motor mount, and that's the oil filter on the bottom left of the pics. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 09-20-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:07 PM
looks like an accessory bolt. definitely not exhaust related or engine mount. hole doesn't look threaded. bolt may not even be factory.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 PM

What kind of accessory?

I didn't think it was exhaust or motor mount related, but it's definitely a factory bolt cause it has the same head as other bolts in the area, and the hole is threaded. I'm thinking it isn't super important cause it's been there for at least a month, if not 9 weeks.

Quick Reply: I see a hole and I found a screw . . .