gas

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up gas

i apologize in advance for putting this under engine, but its sort of related, and i think this would be of benefit to many people.

i am in new jersey and work across the street from a price club/costco. for the past couple of months they have been constructing a gas station, and it opened this past monday.

i went today. you need to be a member, and they do not accept cash, but do take any debit card (took my visa)

super was 1.51 per gallon, regular 1.37. i spoke to the guy working the pump and he told me that all their gas comes from either sunoco, or ammaco. this past weeked i paid 1.60 at a 'discount' station.

i am giving new serious consideration to the super chip now. this changes everything.

dont know if all price clubs will be doing this, but i would not imagine they went through all this construction and only intend to do it at one location.

Old 07-05-2001, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Billycould ride,

Actually, gas prices have dropped 10-15 cents per gallon in most places across the country in the past 7-10 days or so. That happened with us, we're now paying $1.49 for premium, where we were paying $1.79 just 3 weeks ago, we've been seeing those prices drop for a few weeks now, and a number of our customers are reporting that their gas prices dropped, too.

Each year for the past 3 years now, CNN & other news media have been saying that gas prices were going to hit $3 a gallon by mid-Summer, and each Summer, it's not gone anywhere close to that price level, lucky for all of us. Maybe they're just making us feel better about paying what we are? (that's a joke, obviously)

Ii is interesting, however, how the gas prices went up so much before Summer really hit, and now that Summer is here in earnest, so to speak, they're taking a rather dramatic tumble......... who knows where it will end up by Fall?

At least we're paying less than we were, for now..........

Good luck with gas prices in your area!

Old 07-05-2001, 02:35 PM
The costco here has had a gas station since I've been here(2 years). Not sure on the cost though. The prices have been going down slightly here also.

Old 07-05-2001, 07:10 PM
1.37 might not be great for everybody, but on the ride home i passed 6 gas stations ranging in price from 1.59 to 1.67 for regular. 1.37 is a big difference relative to my area.

i wonder if the other costco stations have the same difference relative to their areas?

Old 07-05-2001, 09:13 PM
Whats the mustang difference???

On the 4.6l V8, whats the difference (I know about SVTs and Cobras) between the truck motor and the plain old 4.6V8 in the stang?

Old 07-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Whats the mustang difference???

Try paying $2.19 / Gallon. In the USVI thats what it is. Sucks, but we don't have far to drive here. Just kind of a long vacation from normal life for me down here, and I don't want to bring my truck here. They've no idea what a car really is or means down here since NOWHERE on the islands I live on can you do more than 40. 25 is safe, in most places, some is 15. I don't want dents, rents, scratches and rust all over my rig, so it stays in storage.. till I get back.

Anyhow, just to let you know, gas prices in the states are VERY LOW, even at the highest they've ever been they're low. English gas = $5 or so per gallon. An F-150 here is a normal size truck. There its a HUGE vehicle.

Old 07-06-2001, 08:53 PM
Thumbs up

Paid $1.21 @ Sam WholeSale today. Keep coming down

Quick Reply: gas