anything you want to suggest ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anything you want to suggest ...

my vehicle - 03 Expy 5.4 2wd XLT - 153,000 miles. other than the door ajar thing and the side cladding fading - this is a hell of a truck and i'm not getting rid of it - had it since new. i 'gave' it to my daughter for a year for college - she has given it back. i know it sounds ridiculous, but as well as it's running - what can be done to make it run as good as new (as possible).

i have hit all the major maintenance intervals - 100K stuff, 5K oil changes with Mobil 1, occasional fuel cleaning additive.

recently did the Gotts mod - i know that has helped run better. my question is ... what's next. I am not an advocate of changing what's not broken - i have considered e-fans and actually looked through the junkyard for some but ... not really hot for it.

exhaust ? how can i tell i "need" to get a new set of cats ... i know on my wife's accord(s) i needed to get them replaced at about 120K because they started throwing codes. I'm not into loud, but if something wears out i like to replace it with something better.

i get 14-15 mpg combined - not worried too much about increasing it. and that's with this ethanol ... TIA !

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Wash, Wax, and keep on trucking!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you already have most of the bases covered. Check the fluids, change the oil, and clean the air filter. You're good to go!

You may want to do some research on programmers. Check between SCT Xcaliber and Edge Evolution.

Quick Reply: anything you want to suggest ...