95 f150 overheating

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 f150 overheating

I have a 1995 F150 with a 302. And for i dont know how long its been overheating. And burning through gas really fast. I live about 20 miles from KC. I can drive from my house to North KC. And use almost a half tank of gas. i have replaced everything that deals with the temp. And all the sensors. but havent changed the radiator. and have gone to almost every parts store and other people that know about fords. and no one knows whats wrong with it. can someone please help me?

Last edited by killerbeard9009; 01-31-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's about as vague a description as can be. How are you determining that the truck is overheating? If it overheats that frequently, the heads would be warped, and the block would probably crack. Of course that would explain the high fuel consumption, since it would be running on so few cylinders, and dumping gas into the dead ones. But have you actually checked & calculated MPG on the highway? Fill up the night before noting the odometer (or resetting the trip odometer), make a long highway drive, and when you arrive, fill up again, noting the elapsed miles. Then divide miles by the gallons of the 2nd fillup (NOT the first). Exactly which parts did you replace? Did you test the originals OR the replacement parts? Who installed them? What brands are they? Where did they come from? Is the truck totally stock? If not, list EVERY modification, including tire size & pressure. Have you followed the recommended maintenance schedule? How many miles on the fuel filter? What's the fuel pressure? What do the spark plugs look like? What kind are you using? Are the plug wires routed correctly? Are there any codes stored in the computer? Read these captions:

. . . . . .

Quick Reply: 95 f150 overheating