DTC P0022 and oil pressure!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTC P0022 and oil pressure!

I have had lots of trouble with my 04 5,4 lately. Or all the time i have owned it actually. After having misfires and hesitations, a fuel pump module was changed. Helped a lot, but now i get the P0022 code.
Cam over retarded bank two, causing the motor to idle bad, an have low performance.
I have read all the posts i can find about it, but i need an answer to this, can a damaged cam phaser cause bad oil pressure????
At idle when hot, it rattles like a cold diesel, cam phaser i believe, oil pressure is 18 psi, should be 25 i believe. At 2000 rpm it is 52, but should have been 60 at least.
When idling the bank 2 phaser is rattling bad, but stops when i rev it to appx 1200 rpm's. I use 5w20 oil, but not original motorcraft oil filter. The motor is very clean inside. Despite that it is the worst crap that the automotive industry have ever seen, i love it! I will rebuild the motor if necessary, but hope for a simpler solution. Can a faulty cam phaser cause this, and would it help to replace it?

Quick Reply: DTC P0022 and oil pressure!