Blown up 5.4 85K- Crate engine options

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown up 5.4 85K- Crate engine options

Posting for a friend.

His 05 F150 starts to miss real bad. He takes it to the shop and they tell him there is no compression at all on one of the cylinders. Later, the determine that an injector stuck wide open and was flooding that cylinder with gas. I seem to remember them saying the intake valve was stuck open causing no compression.

Anyway, according to the shop, the raw gas washed all the oil residue out of that cylinder and it was not getting properly lubricated and now the engine has a terrible slapping noise from that piston. He only drove it a few miles after the miss started. At first the shop thought it might clear up but now say its terminal.

He is looking at options. Where do you get a new crate engine and what do they cost? He may fix it and keep it around but is for sure going back to chevrolet. Its sad this has happened. He has had a lot of problems with this truck and never ever abuses them at all. The rear end is going out also. I have heard of a lot of things going wrong but I have never heard of an injector sticking causing a blown engine. I thought the truck may have had a fail safe mode but I guess not. Opinions please. Thanks.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I beleive ford might repair that for free....

05's have the infamous stuck injector that blows engines problem.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
I beleive ford might repair that for free....

05's have the infamous stuck injector that blows engines problem.
Is this problem unique to this year model? I was not aware of this problem and neither was he. Can you tell me why you think they might fix it? The truck has between 85 and 90 K miles and I swear on a bible its never been abused. Its like new except the blown motor and whining rear end. Is there a place I can search this topic? Thanks for the advice and any help.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang9
Is this problem unique to this year model? I was not aware of this problem and neither was he. Can you tell me why you think they might fix it? The truck has between 85 and 90 K miles and I swear on a bible its never been abused. Its like new except the blown motor and whining rear end. Is there a place I can search this topic? Thanks for the advice and any help.
Yeah search on here....

I'm not a guru on the whole 05 injector thing, just that I have read 05's have a stuck injector problem that blows engines and ford has been giving people brand new engines.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Yeah search on here....

I'm not a guru on the whole 05 injector thing, just that I have read 05's have a stuck injector problem that blows engines and ford has been giving people brand new engines.
Thanks and I have found some stuff and thank you for letting me know about this. My friend may at least have a fighting chance now. This is much appreciated.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Good grief I have found all sorts of stuff about this. My question is who made the injectors in 2005 and dear God please tell me this is no longer an issue? Did Ford switch brands? I sure as hell hope so. I found just a handful of 06 and 07 trucks with this issue but not that many at all. Mostly all 2005.

The truck my friend has was bought locally so he has a good relationship with them. Problem he has is another shop diagnosed the problem because Ford has such high prices. I hope he comes out ok.

Quick Reply: Blown up 5.4 85K- Crate engine options