seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seafoam

For years I have been using seafoam in my fuel tanks and am very happy with seafoam products. My 97' scab us up for an oil change in about 500 miles and I heard you can add a can to the oil before you change it and it will clean out the motor. Just curious if anybody has tried it?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
The only additive I'd ever put in oil is Auto-RX.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1997fordlariat
For years I have been using seafoam in my fuel tanks and am very happy with seafoam products. My 97' scab us up for an oil change in about 500 miles and I heard you can add a can to the oil before you change it and it will clean out the motor. Just curious if anybody has tried it?
You heard right i have done it on a few vehicles and it really seems like it does a good job, i have a 94 ford van with 240,000 miles on it and added it to the oil and drove it about 100 miles then changed the oil and ever since then the oil has been a nice light brown after 3000 miles instead of black. I also do it to my truck every couple years. I think seafoam is great but there will be some people that try to tell you it is snakeoil and absolute junk. All i know is it works for me in more ways than one so im going to keep using it. Good luck

Old 05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Would you put naptha in your oil? Would you put isopropyl (rubbing)alcohol in your oil? That's what's in seafoam. Now the big question, do you want to do the right thing for your engine?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1997fordlariat
Or you can buy a bottle of Gunk Engine Flush and put the Sea Foam in your
tank. I've used Sea Foam for years in my bikes and I've used it in the manner
you described in my bikes to flush any sludge but for my 4 wheel vehicles, I
use engine flush.
Dano

Quick Reply: seafoam