check engine light blinking

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check engine light blinking

my check engine light came on the other day and after driving about another 10 minutes it began to blink.i pulled over and shut off the truck,turned it back on and cel was on but not blinking.after another 10 minutes of driving cel began blinking again.i heard a blinking cel means a misfire so i pulled all the plug wires 1 at a time with engine running to find which cylinder could be misfiring and the engine bogged down on every one.engine has slight loss of power and is hesitant.my air filter was really dirty also. i cleaned it and it changed nothing.i disconnected the negative battery cable to reset the computer (a friend told me to),the cel went off,i drove for about ten minutes and it has'nt come back on but engine is still hesitant and has loss of power.anyone got any idea of what my problem may be?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Something better than hit-or-miss guessing would be if you took that bad boy down to an AutoZone and had the codes read once it comes back (which it probably will if you're still having issues).

Otherwise, I'd first finish cleaning up the air-input side of the engine (MAF, throttle body, etc). Also might check the fuel connections and make sure you have no leaks. Changing the fuel filter would be a good idea if you haven't done so in a while (especially over 30k miles).

Post the codes and you'll get much better (more specific) help.

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
How long's it been since you changed plugs and wires? That's what fixed it for me.

Quick Reply: check engine light blinking