In Every Great Difficulty Lies Opportunity?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Every Great Difficulty Lies Opportunity?

Long story short - I crashed the '03 Supercrew, and insurance isn't paying a dime to rebuild it.
Moving on - this is my new project. And I want the truck to be 10x better than it was when I bring it back from the dead.
There are no huge problems with the engine, but since it's a project now - why not beef it up? It's the 4.6 V8, already with a K&N, and tuned...
Do I spend the money to supercharge it? Swap a Lightning/Cobra motor into it? Or go with smaller mods? What do you guys think?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got any pics of the truck?
First thing in any project is determine your budget.
I like to break the budget down into sections; paint, engine, suspension, wheels, interior, ect...

Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll take some pictures when it stops raining.

The first step is to get the frame straightened, which should be done by next week. Once that's done I can start ordering the body parts I need (bumper, grille, lower valance, a fender or two, headlights, etc.) and a few other things like a radiator and whatnot. I'll need an alignment and some new tires. I need to have some work done by a body shop on the bed of the truck. Then I can start really putting it back together.

In all actuality it's going to take a lot of time and a lot more money than I have to get this thing back on the road. But once it is back on the road, I'll be looking for the biggest horsepower gain for the smallest amount of money, put simply.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you want it to run "Better" or in the 11's? There is probably a $10K difference in that question.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Haha...good question. For now, I guess I'll have to say I want it to run "better." 14's would be nice.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by brettcoonis
I'll be looking for the biggest horsepower gain for the smallest amount of money, put simply.
Nitrous

Quick Reply: In Every Great Difficulty Lies Opportunity?