2004 5.4L over bore

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 5.4L over bore

I had a thread yesterday explaining Ford or Midas blowing my engine. If this goes south on me and i end up having to replace this do they make an over bore kit for my 04 5.4L? If they do with labor and everything am i just as good just to buy a rebuilt engine? also how is my tranny going to like that? I freakin hate this!!! Anybody have any suggestions. If i can i would rather have a rebuilt engine over a used engine. More of for peace of mind. That and a friend of mine put in a used 4.6 with only 22K and has had loads of issues with it. Very possible its just situational.

**this is my thread explaining it before:

Originally Posted by Brandon.Anderso
So my 2004 F150 5.4L w/70k started to run rough so I took it in to my buddy who owns a Midas. As you all already know my plugs needed to be replaced. He tried to take them out by spec but broke 2 so we had to send it down to Ford to have them switch them out. They broke 1 and $750 later I was on the road again. The same day just about 5 hours after I picked it up my truck I was 50 miles outside of Colorado when cylinder #1 blew. The next day I got it do a Ford dealer in Colorado who removed the plug and scoped down the cylinder. The sleeve was all torn up he said. Told him just the day before that Ford had replaced the plugs and he said it looks like they dropped a piece of ceramic or something down there. They quoted me $8,500 for a new engine. I said I’m not paying that. Now we’ll see if Brent Brown Ford in Utah will take responsibility!

Quick Reply: 2004 5.4L over bore