Need a/c compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need a/c compressor

Heyas all,
I am sorry for having to resort to asking complete strangers for help but,,, I have a 1997 f150, with the 4.6, the ac compressor is gone and I need to get it replaced before it locks up and I cant drive at all. I lost my job 5 months ago and at this point I;m having problems driving across town to look for work, let alone out of state, which is where most of the mining jobs are.

My question is...
Is there anyone out there that has a ac compressor laying around? I will make it good as soon as i get back to work but right now, all i can do is get it installed, i tried to bypass the unit but the electric system is all tied in and once you unplug the compressor, the ignition system shuts down.

If you have a compressor that would work for me close to Twin Falls Idaho if we could get it mailed, please send me a message. Thanks

Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to a junk yard.. $75.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jibais
Heyas all,
I am sorry for having to resort to asking complete strangers for help but,,, I have a 1997 f150, with the 4.6, the ac compressor is gone and I need to get it replaced before it locks up and I cant drive at all. I lost my job 5 months ago and at this point I;m having problems driving across town to look for work, let alone out of state, which is where most of the mining jobs are.

My question is...
Is there anyone out there that has a ac compressor laying around? I will make it good as soon as i get back to work but right now, all i can do is get it installed, i tried to bypass the unit but the electric system is all tied in and once you unplug the compressor, the ignition system shuts down.

If you have a compressor that would work for me close to Twin Falls Idaho if we could get it mailed, please send me a message. Thanks
That doesn't sound right that the ignition system shuts down when you bypass the compressor. If you simply unplug the compressor the vehicle won't run? Is the bearing in the clutch bad? As long as the bearing in the clutch isn't bad, you should be able to unplug the compressor and your good to go, If the clutch bearing is bad, that's another story. Something just not right there.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Junk yard wants $125 to $160 and yes, the bearings are bad. Just gonna have to bide my time and hope for the best till things turn around.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
watch the classifieds in your area for someone parting out...

Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Is it just the clutch? If so you can replace just that for less than 100 bucks and an hour or so of your time. I did mine lying on my back in the driveway.

Quick Reply: Need a/c compressor