Fuel Filter Retaining Clip Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Filter Retaining Clip Problem

Hello,

I have an 08 f150 5.4, and I had my fuel filter changed by what I thought was a good oil change place the first time i needed to be changed. The second time I was going to change it and I got the rear clip off no problem. However, when I came to the front clip I could not get it off for anything. So, I took it to an oil change place to have it changed and they worked on it for 20 min. and gave up. Then I went to another place and they worked on it for about 10 min. and finally got it off.
When we looked at the clips the were all bent up apparently when it was changed the first time the clip got messed up.

They put a temporary clip in the line and it is sealed and has been working fine. My problem is the clip is not designed for that nor is it a long term fix.

What I need to know is does anybody know where I can chase down one of the new style clips to fit on the outlet side of the fuel filter inside of the fitting on the hose?

Thanks,
Evan

Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 PM
dealership

Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Dealership said I have to replace the whole hose and it could be one of two hoses either 135 or 155 plus labor. They had clips for the older vechiles but he said when they changed the body style they went to a new style of clip. His only other suggestion was a junkyard , but I don't know if I could get one out without damaging it to where it would not go back in.

Evan

Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
NAPA, CarQuest, Parts+Plus, RockAuto.com...

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Retaining Clip Problem