leaking headliner.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaking headliner.

today i had drops of water coming from my overhead compartment and around my interior light. Looked at the 3rd brakelight there is water droplets inside the lens, foam seal seems to be good what gives?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by rust1d
today i had drops of water coming from my overhead compartment and around my interior light. Looked at the 3rd brakelight there is water droplets inside the lens, foam seal seems to be good what gives?
all i know is this doesnt belong in the engines forum.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
i know i couldn't delete post, page was book marked under "engine."

Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sliding back glass have plastic frames that crack with overtightening and age. The only way I'v found to repair them is to loosen them up and seal the crack with RTV. It is usually right of the rear center where this happens

Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Do you have a roof mounted Sirius radio antenna? If so, see if it is leaking around its mount. Sun roofs are another common leak point, but since you mentioned an overhead consul I assume you probably don't have one. I guess condensation could be a problem as well, but it sounds like you have a more serious problem.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Had the same issue on my 04' new body style. For me it was from the third brake light causing the leak. When I first took it off the seal appeared good like you said in your post.
I took some tissue stuffed it behind the housing then reinstalled the brake light. I then poured water all around and removed the light and the tissue was soaked. I used the tissue just to be absolutly sure where it was coming from.
I used some Mr. Gasket to make a new seal you could also use some silicone. Mine has been leak free for a year now and we get plenty of rain in seattle to test it all winter long.

Quick Reply: leaking headliner.