spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spark plugs

has anyone heard about these new pulse plugs well they came out a little while ago but there supposed to be really good they gave a stock 350z 11 more hp just by changin them out has anyone tried them at all just wonderin

Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by MI02SVT
has anyone heard about these new pulse plugs well they came out a little while ago but there supposed to be really good they gave a stock 350z 11 more hp just by changin them out has anyone tried them at all just wonderin
Did you see any dyno sheets? Cause 11 hp from just swapping plugs is almost unheard of. The most I've ever seen was 2hp from swapping plugs. There was a racing mag that tested a bunch of plugs to see if any had any gains. And the only one was the iridium plugs gained 2hp. And each set of plugs they tested they backed it up with real dyno sheets.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:23 AM
heres the site i had one buddy put them in his blazer and he said he noticed a big difference after he did i was just wonderin if anyone else heard of them or tried them out and noticed anything http://www.pulstar.com/index.html

Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Are they even available for your truck? You didn't list your year and engine.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by maxturbo
Did you see any dyno sheets? Cause 11 hp from just swapping plugs is almost unheard of. The most I've ever seen was 2hp from swapping plugs. There was a racing mag that tested a bunch of plugs to see if any had any gains. And the only one was the iridium plugs gained 2hp. And each set of plugs they tested they backed it up with real dyno sheets.
You covered it - Good info !!

Old 11-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I've read up on Pulstar awhile ago and back then, they had plugs avalible for 5.4 models. Back then they were testing these plugs in imports (about a year ago) - Tests concluded no HP gains but they did increase mileage.

Believe me, if these plugs were of great benefit to us, we sure as hell would know it by now..

Go with the Denso 16's if you want the best IMO.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:24 PM
My advise would be to stick with the ford plugs. After over 20 years working on these cars n trucks and replacing tons of aftermarket plugs due to ignition problems. Just cause it saved the customer a few bucks. But in the long run you'll be paying more. Cause you'll be bringing it to a dealer where a guy like me will be swapping those brand new plugs u put in, for some motorcraft plugs and ur problem will b solved.

Quick Reply: spark plugs